I-55 Saturday Night/Troy Medley #62

I55Fan01

I am an avid race fan, I attend everyweekend with the exception of a weekend or two out of the race season. I have to say that the attempt Troy Medley made,which was obviously to take him out, on the black #7 car was definitely a succes! I bring my kids out everyweekend to watch fun filled evening of racing, but the shinanigan stunt that he pulled Saturday night in the heat race was uncalled for. The track was bad for everyone except maybe the Late Models. His only obvious way to get around the #7 car was to take him out. It was more that obvious, especially when he drives right into him and before that he was bumping him from behind.

Then to top it all off, he stands on top of his 'car door' and proceeds to yell at the other driver and cuss at him, all while my kids are right there watching all of this! I am apauled that not one of the three officials did one thing to stop him, then he had time to get down, walk over to the #7 car, lean over and yell at him right in his face! Again, I am apauled that, yet again, not one of the three officials said anything to him or attempted to stop him from doing so. Finally, another official, who was not standing there comes from somewhere else and gets him to back off.

I mean really, how 'unproffesional' are you to get out of your car and yell at someone after YOU just took him out!! Then, it is a family event, you are cussing him out right in front of all of the fans, really, there were children there! To top off the night, the black #7 car was out for the rest of the night and Troy Medley #62, was back in the feature. That definitely should not have been allowed, you aren't supposed to use your race car as a means to get someone out of the way simply because you can't drive around them. To sweeten the deal for the feature, #62 was bumping others that were 'in his way' and at one point he was up under there rear bumper, why would that be?? GO AROUND THEM??

I am disapointed with the Officials and the track owners, some body should have not let that happen. This is the first time I have seen this happen, any other time there are officials on the track making sure this does not happen. So why not Saturday night? That is what I want to know and I think there should be a ramification for his actions that night. If not, why should any other driver be worried about getting in trouble? I would say it is now 'fair game' to handle things your way on the track, right?

Your obviously related to the #7 car so answer this...why did the 7 car try to take out the 12 car when he had nothing to do with the 7 car getting hit from behind? Looked to me like the 7 car started it all!

You obviously weren't paying attention to the race, the #12 car was behind him the entire time before #62 took him out. So explain to me how he hit #12? If you need a refresher you can go out and look at the pictures posted to remind you of how the race was going.. #12, #4 and #62 were all behind #7.

No I am not related, you obviously didn't read my post correctly. But that is okay.

The 7 car looked like he was drunk. He was all over the place and he did hit a few cars before the wreck. The track was good and fast so lets not blame it on track conditions.

I am related to the driver of the 7 car. He did hit Naeger, it was not intentional. The only time, that I remember, was when the 327 car drove up on his car. That is racing though, when you think you have passed someone coming out of a turn on the bottom most drivers go up. The 7 car didn't try to retaliate, he continued to race. He also didn't look anymore drunk than any other driver out there, they were all sliding up to the top in going through turns 2 and 3. Naeger has nothing to do with any of this, if he feels that the 7 car hit him purposely I am sorry and I can tell that he did not.

If Medley wasn't trying to take out the 7 car then why didn't he drop down to the bottom of the track and coast on by? Instead he stayed up top, bounced off of the 7 car, the 4 car and the 12 car. He was ramming the 7 car in the *** and driving his car up under the 7 car's bumper, why is that? Oh yeah, to try and spin him. That tactic didn't work so he went to try and side slam him and run, obviously that didn't work because he tore up his car in the process. Anyone who is out there week in and week out, year after year can look at the pictures and tell you that it was Medley's fault. How else can you explain the 62 car under the 7 car? If you drive into someone that isn't going to let you push them, you are gonna end up in that position.. As far as I55fan01s' comment about the officials, she is exactly correct. The pictures do prove her point, you see Medley making a fool of himself and the officials doing nothing. There is even a picture that shows Medley's arm in the 7 car and there is no official around. Oh wait, he is on the other side a few feet away watching.. Wow, go Allied and I-55. I know there are drivers that have gotten thrown out, fined, or penalized in some way for much much less. So how is it nothing happened Saturday night? I would also like to know..

As far as the condition of the track, that is personal opinion. Some liked it and some did not:eek:

Back