I-55 sn reschedule??

dirtracin22

does anybody know when or even if they'er going to reschedule the I-55 summer nats. race?

I don't know any specifics but if it is rescheduled it won't be part of the SummerNationals. It will be a seperate 10,000 to win race, which may hurt or help the car count, just depends on when it is rescheduled for.

The SN race will not be rescheduled. There are no plans to run an additional special race not already listed on the 2004 schedule.

I'm bummin' too.

TTG/MM

I hate to sounds negative since I've vowed not to, but I'd sure like to see more promoting done with I-55 Raceway. Seems to me that someone is sitting on a large bit of potential that's just waiting to bust out. It's time to let I-55 be the icon that it truely deserves to be! Trust me, I know I couldn't do any better, but I think that they can.

Q...

What can you do about rainouts? They do their promoting actually.... I recieve stuff from them all the time .. I have 3 flyers from I-55 this year and 1 from Tri City. They seem to be the only place I have recieved from so far this year. But seems they are trying. Can you think of the monies lost on the big shows these tracks are eady for only to be rained out. :(
I agree Pevely could do some pretty big stuff but sometimes small foot steps are better than giant leaps.... Also you have to share the special shows and try to schedule them close to others so everyone is in the neighborhood therefore better car counts. I am with you though I could not do any better either....

I have recieved flyers from the track too. I kinda figured the SN race wouldn't be rescheduled. I think it ****s though. Do a big wednesday night show in August when no one else is racing and you'll draw a big crowd and quite a few cars.

Sorry, you misunderstood me on that. I understand the rainouts. But if there is money lost in promoting this races then why not reschedule even if it isn't part of the SN's? This is my point. I don't know where the payouts for the SN's come from so maybe this is part of the reason not to reschedule. But if the money comes frome the event itself or the promotor, why not race? I guess I'm just upset that I missed another big race at I-55 this year and I'm really starting to get upset. The season is coming to a close in a few short weeks and seems that the rain is winning the championship and we're just letting it.

Back