I 55 street stocks

mopar performace

MOPAR PERFORMACE
Here we are getting close to the end of november no word yet on the decesion of street stocks at pevely is it going to happen are not i know some guys with street stocks sure would like to know are they going to wait intill jan to make a decision thanks brian

They already have a super street stock class called the sportsman with a screwed up engine rule package and with the gift that highland just gave I-55 by cancelling there pro 4 class should make the car count in that class grow to where " I'm guessing " That they may pass at adding a steel body version of the sportsman class...just my thought and i could be wrong

I hate to say it but I think you may be right on that mudface. I sure hope Tri city gets the highland cars tho!

Well I don't for see then gething many of the pro 4 guys I know I'm not running there unless its for good money payin the top fours not gonna cut it and try city if there smart they will bump the pay ta 200 for use pro 4 as long as we have 20 cars and they will get all the highland cars but can't seem to get tammy to respond back to me on that. There gonna wait till the meeting then its alil late

Im surprised how few street stocks are showing interest in racing at pevely. if i had one id be beating down their door to race there. If anyone had a brain the SS class would be the only beginner class in the area and would be run at every single track. Much more sensible beginner class for dirt track racing..and yea 200 to win pro4 class is waaay too much. jmo.

Only problem is that the metric cars are getting harder and harder to find. What's gonna happen when all the used parts are all gobbled up?
You can get a little 4 banger all day long for scrap price.

Im surprised how few street stocks are showing interest in racing at pevely. if i had one id be beating down their door to race there. If anyone had a brain the SS class would be the only beginner class in the area and would be run at every single track. Much more sensible beginner class for dirt track racing..and yea 200 to win pro4 class is waaay too much. jmo.

I-55 back in the day had Bombers...lots and lots of them too. They kept getting more and more advanced every year, Ive seen Bombers with some very fast engines including all of ours,putting out more horsepower then todays engines....well long story short is that they are now called sportsman and there has been a lot of racers start out in this class and in my eyes theres only a few rules in that class that needs tweaking or changed to make it perfect but no one listens to them because right now its a landlocked class for I-55 and they like it that way and todays racers dont have the knowledge,wants,or guts to get crap changed that would make the sportsman,super street stocks or what ever you wanna call them to be a more affordable class that can race any where and any place, Racers dont stick together any more, and this works out to the track owners benefit and ends up making your class "the support" class which imo is a smack in the face...And as far as pay this too would change if racers would stick together, Payouts should not be just the burden of the track owners but if racers where smart enough there is ways out there that would make programs to enrich the payout in there class every night... I mean crap we had 30 to 40 people racing online "the nascar sim racing by ea sports", we had online racing event every week and raced for money that "we all" pitched in 5 to 10 bucks each to a paypal account and that money was payout money for 1st thru 5th places and sometimes paidup to 15th place.. with that said why doesnt everyone in your class have a club or make one that would make racers spend time finding sponsors to donate on a weekly basis for payouts, prizes or what every, It would take a little elbow grease and a little brains and a whole lot of sticking together to make racing fun and affordable ! Actually 200.00 isnt to much of a payout for the pro4 class but i could see someone who isnt race orientated or motivated to think that it is

The tracks in the area need to step up and pay the street stocks atleast $200 or $250... The get good car counts at all the tracks I've been to except I-55

I-55 back in the day had Bombers...lots and lots of them too. They kept getting more and more advanced every year, Ive seen Bombers with some very fast engines including all of ours,putting out more horsepower then todays engines....well long story short is that they are now called sportsman and there has been a lot of racers start out in this class and in my eyes theres only a few rules in that class that needs tweaking or changed to make it perfect but no one listens to them because right now its a landlocked class for I-55 and they like it that way and todays racers dont have the knowledge,wants,or guts to get crap changed that would make the sportsman,super street stocks or what ever you wanna call them to be a more affordable class that can race any where and any place, Racers dont stick together any more, and this works out to the track owners benefit and ends up making your class "the support" class which imo is a smack in the face...And as far as pay this too would change if racers would stick together, Payouts should not be just the burden of the track owners but if racers where smart enough there is ways out there that would make programs to enrich the payout in there class every night... I mean crap we had 30 to 40 people racing online the nascar sim racing by ea sports, we had online racing every week and raced for money that "we all" pitched in 5 to 10 bucks each to a paypal account and that money was payout money for 1st thru 5th places and sometimes as much as 15th place.. with that said why not everyone in your class have a club that would spend time finding sponsors to donate on a weekly basis for payouts, prizes or what every, It would take a little elbow grease and a little brains and a whole lot of sticking together to make racing fun and affordable ! Actually 200.00 isnt to much of a payout for the pro4 class but i could see someone who isnt race orientated or motivated to think that it is
Very well put...one thing I always see is these drivers and crews ain't getting their sponsors enough showtime and promoting them like they need to! I believe it would be better for the sport to get these names out more starting with the announcer. Some of the sh-t they talk about could be used on these sponsors and not some dum sh-t like we hear.

I-55 back in the day had Bombers...lots and lots of them too. They kept getting more and more advanced every year, Ive seen Bombers with some very fast engines including all of ours,putting out more horsepower then todays engines....well long story short is that they are now called sportsman and there has been a lot of racers start out in this class and in my eyes theres only a few rules in that class that needs tweaking or changed to make it perfect but no one listens to them because right now its a landlocked class for I-55 and they like it that way and todays racers dont have the knowledge,wants,or guts to get crap changed that would make the sportsman,super street stocks or what ever you wanna call them to be a more affordable class that can race any where and any place, Racers dont stick together any more, and this works out to the track owners benefit and ends up making your class "the support" class which imo is a smack in the face...And as far as pay this too would change if racers would stick together, Payouts should not be just the burden of the track owners but if racers where smart enough there is ways out there that would make programs to enrich the payout in there class every night... I mean crap we had 30 to 40 people racing online the nascar sim racing by ea sports, we had online racing every week and raced for money that "we all" pitched in 5 to 10 bucks each to a paypal account and that money was payout money for 1st thru 5th places and sometimes as much as 15th place.. with that said why not everyone in your class have a club that would spend time finding sponsors to donate on a weekly basis for payouts, prizes or what every, It would take a little elbow grease and a little brains and a whole lot of sticking together to make racing fun and affordable ! Actually 200.00 isnt to much of a payout for the pro4 class but i could see someone who isnt race orientated or motivated to think that it is

I understand your point abt the sportsman but have to disagree with you sir..imo i think the sportsman are a great class filled with talent and seem to be a little faster than ss class and provide just another option for the racer in this area.jmo

Personally and ill get bashed here but the street stocks if run with a track running sportsmans either need downgraded or molded in so both are in the same field. It all started when they started allowing racing springs shocks and now racing tires. I know the tire deal was a little due to safety but we all somehow ran on street tires for years without issues. Look at the hornet class! I like mudfaces post and its really true..........street stocks are just progressing and getting so close to sportsmans that its a flip of the coin which way to go. It shows when you see street stocks going for the same price as sportsman. Also if they were to do something about the rules(doubt it..........since its UMP rules to begin with!) and get enough cars 250-300 to win would really get a good crowd of cars. But if no incentive is made and rules left like they are id build a sportsman wayyyyyyyyy before i built a street stock to run at Pevely.

If highland and Tri city would work together on a points system for the SS like they did the crates I think we would see fan and car counts go up a lot. I know several guys who are gonna run highland and a few that are thinking about coming to Tri city every week. As for the sportsman the only track that gets a great count is pevely imo

Back