I-55 Tri Track Challenge Updates

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Will Give Updates As I Can. 50 Late Models Signed In.
32 Modifieds.

I'm Jimmy Tonight.....

Just Starting To Sprinkel. Looks Like We Are Right On The Edge Of Things.

They got nothing in!!!When I left after they called it,not a drop fell till I was miles down the road.:confused:And as I looked back it looked great behind us????:confused:

schrader,shirley,erb jr, english. rest mainly locals. 50 latemodels. it look like it would of been a good night. the stands were pretty packed. mike announced that it wasnt cancelled yet right when it started sprinkling and a minute later they called it. it was looking pretty nasty out. they just need to keep the cars out of the infield. i think thats why they called it right away to get the guys out of the infield.

It Had Noting To Do With Cars Being In The Pits! It Was All About The Rain. The Track Was Wet Already And The Rain Was Making It Worse. It Stopped But Then Came Again And Was Raining At 8:30 When I Left The Track. The Weatherwoman At Channel 4 Said More Was On The Way. It Was A Tuff Decision But I Think The Right One! ****s For Everyone Involved! I For One Am Tired Of Rain!!

if you knew the rain was coming why water the track , not that it matters but was deal with bringing the lates out only to find out they were not in hot lap wtf???? been going to the racessince 1956 and that's a first

if they had run,most likely it would have turned into a long ,long nite and they still wouldnt have gotten it in.

Yeah, WTF is the only response I have as well. Mr. Hoener, you sure are correct, the track was wet ..... because they dumped a load of water on it at 6:15 ... when there was rain in the vicinity, no sunshine, little wind, and high humidity. If I-55 had not received a drop of rain, that race track would not have been raceable until 7:30 or 8:00. The tow vehicles and tractors trying to work it in could hardly stay on the banking.

Kudos to Gundaker and Tri-City last night for watching the weather, not needlessly soaking the track with water, and getting the program completed by 9:30 .... great racing, too.

I am not usually one to complain, but this one has me puzzled.

bnkr

it has rained harder

i have sat there many nights its rained harder and they still raced. if it would have been woo, they would have raced .you know that i know it just fn ****s . they called it to soon thanks so much
disgrutal dirt track fan ,mike patterson

you know the drill.... Call the race and it quits raining, try to get it in and it comes down cats & dogs Who knows if it was the right call or not? Not worth getting bent out of shape over. Ray must have wanted to go to bed.

you are right jennifer, but you know they know whats on the radar, we have been to races to long to know that the was a quick call. damn 50 late models that brings me back to the 2 day pepsi national shows

Back