I-55 UMP Modified drivers and Rankings

biscuiteater

Lets see what has happened since my last post on 7-24-2003.

Oh, by the way, I loved the cruise into Alaska. Absolutely astounding, but I did miss the roar of the engines and dirt track racing.

Scott ( the rocket ) Weber has slipped from 18th to the 25th position. In last six years in racing at the I-55 raceway he has compiled an unbelievable final season standings in 1 1/2 place.

Bobby ( the bullet ) Bittle moved from 27th to the 26th position.

Jim ( the Pizza Man ) Schereck has slipped from 16th to the 41st position. That tells me he has stopped racing at other tracks, and is shooting for the top 10 at I-55 raceway.

Ray ( the showstopper ) Walsh has slipped from 38th to 55th position. All Ray has to do is make the feature each week, pickup his 28 points, and he is a shoe-in for 1st place in the modified division at I-55 raceway. And you can take that to the bank!!

Brent Thompson has slipped from 90th to 99th position. That's what happens when you copy another drivers paint scheme. I liked your other paint scheme. He is hot and a force to content with in the modified division.

Tom ( Mr. Consistent ) Ratajczk has slipped from 119th to 123th position. Did you know in the six years he has been coming to I-55 raceway he has a consistent overall final season standings in 5th place. That's why he is Mr. Consistent.

Rich Whaley has slipped from 127th to 141st position. Congratulations on the win at Benton Wednesday night. Isn't that Griffaw and Thompson's home away from home track? Ouch!!

Brian Worley has slipped from 161st to 174th position. Did he go on another canoe float trip?

Brian ( the flying ) Wolfmeier moved from 198th to 187th position. Has anyone gave him a Sportsman to drive at I-55 raceway?

Leon ( one man show ) Rakers has slipped from 163rd to the abyss and out of the top 200. Heard he was flying with that two link on the high side on 8-2-2003 and something happened, hit the wall doing 90 m.p.h., crashed and burned. Hope he is okay. I miss him not being in the top 200.

Tomorrow night modifieds will run two main features. First, the rain out on 8-2-2003. Why don't they give the drivers the points by position at the time the rains cancelled the program?

So, I guess, they all will be driving 90 m.p.h. front bumper to rear bumper in the middle of track for 20 laps. And those that get damaged could miss the regular show. Questions. questions, and more questions. Oh well, good luck to all the drivers racing in America Saturday night.

Have you ever wondered how the above drivers have fared in the past at I-55 raceway????

Driver: 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003
to date

Weber 7th n/r 3rd 1st 1st 1st 3rd

Bittle 2nd n/r 20th 31st 52nd 14th 2nd

Schereck 4th n/r 6th 12th 6th 26th 12th

Walsh 45th n/r 2nd 3rd 24th 22nd 1st

Thompson n/r n/r 36th 25th 40th 8th 14th

Ratajczk 5th n/r 4th 8th 5th 5th 9th

Whaley Spmn n/r Spmn 18th 4th 2nd 4th
45th 2nd

Worley n/r n/r Spmn Spmn Spmn 9th 5th
7th 4th 4th

Wolfmeier LM n/r LM 15th 10th 29th 6th
3rd 18th

Rakers n/r n/r n/r 74th 37th 20th 8th

Please keep in mind that over the years, priorities, money, time, money, sponsorships, money, families, money, etc. have changed many a driver's conquest to be #1 in modified dirt track racing.

Sorry about that, I had nice neat columns until I hit the submit reply button. Forgive me Lord for being so old!! I tried!!!

The main reason these drivers have slipped down in the standings is because of the feature that was post-poned. They will get their points back tonight and will move back close to where they were.

Back