I-55's tv commercial during the Daytona 500

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
It was for the WoO Sprint event in April, but there was some pretty good modified footage in it as well.

modifieds

OH YEAH!!! IT SHOWED RAY WALSH DOING WHAT HE DOES BEST, BUZZIN' THE HIGH SIDE WHILE THE REST WERE ON THE BOTTOM

Modified footage

I noticed that too. I was surprised to see them show the modifieds at all, let alone that much!

I-55 Ad's during Daytona 500

Personally, I'm in the media business and I thought the ad itself was lame! No excitement what so ever. It sounded as though they grabbed someone out of an office cubical, game them script and said read this in 30-seconds. Maybe they should have paid some money to let a "real professiona" do the spot. How many of you guys and gals would let someone in the stands drive your car in a feature race for, on let's say a a thousand dollars? Video shots were ok except for all the dirt flying all over the place, especially during an asphalt event. What do you all think?

I-55 Raceway is a dirt track, so dirt flying all over the place is probably appropriate.

As far as the voice over, that was Rick Stoff. He is not someone out of the stands, he is in the advertising industry as well.

From one "CRAZYFAN" I think your crazy George. If you don't have anything good to say about I-55, then don't say nothin' at all! :D :D :D

j/m/o......

i personally thought that last years commercials were better but anytime you can see dirt racing commercials on TV is good!!!

I-55 Ad's

Jimmy, Maybe my perspective on the "placement" of the ad, during an asphalt race, but maybe, it's probably ture, the "generic" race fan dosen't care if it's on asphalt, dirt or snow, it's still racing! My observation of the way the ad was produced...NO EXCITMENT! It's racing, fast and furious! I don't know this guy and to my knowledge, have never met him. But the same is true for most audio on ad's, you don't meet the voice. But it seems to me, he could have put some "fuel" into the voice over work and made it exciting. Racing is isn't it?

I-55 Ads

Hey Crazyfan, I'm not saying anything bad about I-55. From everything I've ever heard about it, it's a great place to race and watch. I don't know about you, but I don't go to the track to see the track, I go to watch the action!

Hey George, hearing about it and seeing it are two different things. Why don't you come check out I-55 this year! You won't be dissapointed, I promise. The ad on t.v. was nothing! :cool:

George must the guy that does these commercials.

(Announcer screams)"SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY BE THERE FOR THE MONSTER TRUCKS AT I-88 RACEWAY.HAIR RAISING, EAR DRUM BREAKIN ACTION. BE THERE!!!!

I55 ADS

I don't voice the commercials! However, if I were asked to, I would put some excitement in it! I as far as visiting I-55, one day I will visit the famed oval. It's been around for some time and is a main stay for dirt racing in St. Louis!

Back