I-70 and Kingshighway race track??

I was coming up Kingshighway to get on I-70 yesterday, and saw what looked to be an high banked asphalt oval track, on the east side of Kingshighway, at the I-70 junction, it looked like it's been there a long time, is it some kind of go kart track or what. I was'nt seeing things, was I?

it's not the velodrome is it? I thought the St. Louis Velodrome was off of 270 but maybe not.

Edited for dumb spelling error.

It is the velodrome (sp?). I was wondering about that also, and then saw an article in the Post a few months ago about it. There is a local bike club that is going to try and get it back up and going.

JG that's the same article I read. that's what made me think of it. otherwise I had no idea there was a velodrome in St. Louis. Or that it was so famous at one point in time.

that track was built special when St. Louis was host to the olympic trials awhile back in the 90s. I go by it every day. they are revamping it for upcoming use and the city is helping pick up some of that tab.

dirtman07

I raced NASCAR style R/C cars on it in the 80's it was awesome, pit stops for batteries and everything!

Back