i have a question

carrikerR2835

hornet racer
why did they cancel races on sunday at tri-city. just wanted to know thanks.....

nobody knows,,well some people on here do,,but wont say!!!!! I seen Kevin and Tammy aka (REVIN) Looking at the Post a few times ,,but wont reply to it!!!

it is a dream........... maybe they didn't really cancel... thats why its a dream........ when you wake up the races may or may not have passed you by. all i know is i just passed gas.
:eek:

mnmracer said:
it is a dream........... maybe they didn't really cancel... thats why its a dream........ when you wake up the races may or may not have passed you by. all i know is i just passed gas.
:eek:
Troy LAY OFF THAT BUD.................................WEISER,,lol

Probably because there was a very, very small crowd in the stands last week. On top of that, only one of the six classes that run had over 20 cars.

So, I don't think it is too hard to figure out that if we as fans don't go out and support these tracks, why should they run events and lose money.

I talked to Dane today and he said that he did not even know that they were cancelled. Wonder what is going on. If I find out, I will let you know. He is suppose to let me know, when he knows.

jdearing said:
Probably because there was a very, very small crowd in the stands last week. On top of that, only one of the six classes that run had over 20 cars.

So, I don't think it is too hard to figure out that if we as fans don't go out and support these tracks, why should they run events and lose money.

That's a two way street....(World of Outlaw Late Model Show cancelled as I was getting nestled in my seat, $40 in fuel, two hour drive and $50 for tickets, which I'm STILL waiting for my refund) It's kind of hard to support something after you've already been burned once. Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me.......

you people blow my minde,You praise The Gundaker Family for buying Tricity in the spring,an ragggggg an the fall over a few bucks.I'm sure Kevin and Tammy will refund your $. These people are bussiness folks an have been for years in the Saint Louis area. You'r just lucky you have a Sunday place to go Race an to spectate. an a class act at that .

I don't think there is anything wrong with expecting your money returned for a show that never happened.

The new owners have done a lot for racing in the STL area and have done a great job with Tri City. And yes, I am thankful for them. I love the lm's on that 1/2 mile!

But the money should be returned as soon as humanly possible and people who request it a month later should not be rebuked. For some folks, $100 is more than just a few bucks..

Excuse me for saying so, but when you went to the track the first time and spent your cash, you knew and were quite happy to accept at that time that you had spent that money and it was gone for good. Sure, you are owed a refund, and you will get it. But be real, if you're so broke that you really need that money desperately now, why on earth did you spend it going to the racetrack in the first place?

It never ceases to amaze me how no matter what the answer is, there are people who still aren't happy - or even just content!

The Gundaker's provide a great place to race, and when a rain out occurs, people are upset the races are cancelled, or better yet - not cancelled soon enough; then when the races are cancelled for a specific show (and in plenty of time for people to choose other racing opportunites presented), they complain because the event was cancelled. And then have the gall to expect an explanation, for a race that was after the completed season. I don't know how many of you realize this, but here's a News Flash for you --- this is October --- any racing that we have the opportunity to participate in or enjoy viewing, is a BONUS ----enjoy the opporutnities that you have and if that's not good enough for you, come up with your own capital & buy your own track! JMO ---

Tammy, Kevin & Gordon --- Thanks for the racing you've provided all year for us (we've had a great time) and we think you've done great things for the track, AND the opinions expressed here via the forum pages do not always represent the Majority of the drivers or spectators. Keep up the great work - it is appreciated by some of us.

Mrs. Boo (Paula Parker)

Personally, I never buy dirt track race tickets in advance and never will.

I was just defending the individuals who got on here and didn't know what else to do but ask a question about the timing of their refund for a race that never even started. It is not a ridiculous question.

As far as the race being cancelled this weekend, no biggie to me... an owner and a promoter have to make money and if they felt they couldn't make enough on the show, cancel it.

jdearing said:

True Jimmy, But is this the real reason, This post has been on here all week and there REALLY hasn't been a real reason why Tri City isn't running. I do agree that if the fans don't go then you are probably losing money but then again maybe they didn't show up for that race just to save money to go to another one, maybe the one coming up that was canceled. no one knows but... there still was no excuse given for why tri city isn't running

yankeedawg said:
you people blow my minde,You praise The Gundaker Family for buying Tricity in the spring,an ragggggg an the fall over a few bucks.I'm sure Kevin and Tammy will refund your $. These people are bussiness folks an have been for years in the Saint Louis area. You'r just lucky you have a Sunday place to go Race an to spectate. an a class act at that .
Well said. They have improved that track tremendously. They need a break every once in a while.

racinghotty said:
Well said. They have improved that track tremendously. They need a break every once in a while.
Come on BECKEY now i see brown stuff on your nose,,!!!LOL If they needed a break,,they would not of told everyone about the show!!!!

t.nie said:
Excuse me for saying so, but when you went to the track the first time and spent your cash, you knew and were quite happy to accept at that time that you had spent that money and it was gone for good. Sure, you are owed a refund, and you will get it. But be real, if you're so broke that you really need that money desperately now, why on earth did you spend it going to the racetrack in the first place?

The money that I spent for tickets wasn't a donation to the track, and it has nothing to do with needing it "desperately" as you so put it. It has to with people doing what they say they're going to do. I was told over the phone by Tammy to get the tickets to her ASAP and she would get it right back out the door.
Personally, I don't see where it should be any of your concern on how people spend their own money, do you? Or maybe it's just that you wanted to feel important and make your little comments like you always do.:rolleyes: Just remember, you drew first blood.;)

Back