I remember 9-11

t.nie

Patience Tester
I was at my parents house, my dad was at work, I was off that day. I had spent the night, got up the next morning, and when I went upstairs, my mother was sitting on the couch with the tv on, showing the smoking tower. She looked up at me and said "We're under attack, terrorists crashed a plane into the world trade center." Then she got up, quite visibly shaken, with tears streaming down her face, and said "I can't watch this any more" then she walked out of the room. And I sat down and watched the rest, with her occasionally coming in an asking me what was happening. I said the same thing each time: "you don't want to know."

When the first tower fell, it just put a feeling in my gut that I had just witnessed the single largest mass murder in history. When the second tower fell, I too got up and walked out. I just didn't want to see any more, couldn't take in any more, wasn't able to watch any more of this awful killing of people who had done nothing more than get up and go to work that morning.

I will never understand the minds of people who think that killing the innocent paves the way to a better future, for themselves, or anyone else. And I will always remember, much like my folks do with the Kennedy assasination, exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard about 9-11. I guess that is one piece of "bonding" between my mother and I that I wish didn't exist, and would give anything to be able to erase.

:( Look at this a good post :( but it even makes most of us tear up because we all EXACTLY remember what we were doing. I was at home also w/ my parents my dad woke me up and told me i need to watch this, I walk upstairs, upset because I had to get up and I looked at my mother and she had tears rolling down her face so i wached the TWIN TOWERS fall. a little later in the morning i went to work at Wal-Mart and EVERY one was just standing there watching the Tvs. I went back to my Department and did what everyone else was doing watching the TV's there was not many people shopping But, there was a Little older lady that came up to me and said I have seen alot in my life but this, this is not right, this place we live on is so differnt from area to area have so differnt people, People that would do such a thing. she finaly broke down and started crying heavily on my shoulder she finaly told me her Son was visiting up there in New York. This lady made me tear up just watching her and at that point i started to relize this was a bigger ordeal than a young 18 year old kid knows.

So all Bring Flags to I-55 or whatever race track u go to !

very good post tnie,i too remember where i was and what i was doing when it all happened.it also made me realize that you can lose something you truly love in a quick second,and really changed my outlook on things.my wife and children and i are alot closer since this happed,cause you look back on it and think of something like that happening to you,it was a very bad thing,but it did bring alot of america closer.i know one thing i will never forget it as long as i live.keep these poeple in your thoughts and prayers today as this is their day!!!!

9/11

I was at school..Got to class for 2nd hour, ready to cook some good pancakes, and then i got into the class and saw this on the tv...(needless to say we didnt make pancakes) but I remember thinking to myself, this isnt happening cuz at first i thought a plane had just hit it on accident...it was horrible..but in December of 01 we went to New York for 2 weeks...and we saw the world trade center sites and all the memory stuff, and in our motel we stayed in had things about were new life began, on top of the WTC...cuz ppl got married there, and all i can think about is its also were some peoples life stopped!! I dont know i was only like 16 at the time..and it didnt matter to me, like most kids my age, but now that i realized what happened, i cant believe I thought that way, but all in all i think that 9/11 has brought us all closer to gether as a nation

A girl from my works son was deployed over there yesterday..so if we can please keep him in our prayers, his name is Michael, we say a prayer every day for this fellow at my work..I know Michael personally, and this is somthing hes been wanting to do...GOOD LUCK BUDDY WE MISS YOU AND LOVE YAH!!!!! :D

9/11 ILL REMEMBER

I was on my way to work, and heard of the news over the radio. I thought it was just an accident until i got to work and they said a second plane hit the other tower. Not much work got done that day, we all sat around talking about it and trying to figure out who in the world would do something like this.
This will definatly be a day always remembered.
It has brought me closer with all of my family. I have alot of distant relatives that I make sure I talk to on a regular basis now. Never know what might happen next.

Wow...Makes you think...

With all the arguments and complaints on his bulletin board, this thread really needs to remind us all that in the BIG PICTURE of things, all these complaints and arguments don't mean a thing.

We should ALL count our blessings that we still live in a place that allows us to do so or that we are still here period. With all of the "hot spots" or targets in the Saint Louis area (BOEING-any location, the mapping center in Arnold etc.) at any time, any one of us could have also been wiped out.

Please take time to remember the victims and families of the Sept. 11 incidents.

At the same time, take a moment to celebrate what YOU actually have. Forget about all the b!tchin and complaining for a while and just celebrate the good stuff. Set aside your differences and be thankful for what you have - it may not be there the next time you look!

I dont think Ill evere forget that day or what I was doing. i was on my way to Hamel Il. to make a parts delivery ( worked for NAPA ) when it came over the radio. I couldnt believe what I was hearing. My wife called me on the phone and was in tears. I pulled over on the side of the highway and we both cryied over the phone trying to understand what had happened. I noticed there where other people stopping also. It so devistating we as Americans thought we where indestructible and nothing could ever happen. Not here in America. The world has gone to Hell in a handbag as they used to say. And what can you do ? NOTHING !! NOTHING AT ALL ....... Asama is still out there somewhere and he must be caught !!!!!!! Everyone remember 9/11 .Dont ever forget .

I was on my 9 am break at work when I heard about the attacks. I think the thing to remember is that A)Those cowards that did that to us are surely starting their 4th year in Hell today and B)Those cowards wanted to destroy their way of life. The mere fact that we are going to the races on the 3rd aniversary of the attacks shows that, to some small degree, those homicidal punks FAILED.

I know full well that there will be folks on here who have relatives and/or friends who died starting at 8:48 that late summer Tuesday morning. I am NOT minimizing the death of nearly 3000 innocent people--and 343 firemen--who SIMPLY WENT TO WORK THAT DAY. :( :( :( I just thought it might be nice to remind folks how fortunate we are to be able to go on--and enjoy--our lives and freedoms in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Finally, in closing...

F--- al-qaeda :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was working at the Rend Lake Golf Course at the restaurant the first one I though it was a accident but when I seen the other plane hit I got sick I still can not watch it.
All I can said I hope we get that son of a B**** someday

I was at work at Alton High School. We had just started classes for the day, and remember thinking the hilight of the day would be watching the house Robert Wadlow was born in get transported past the school on it's way to it's new home from it's original location on the other side of town. I walked into the custodians room and heard on KMOX that a plane had hit one of the towers. First thought was that a horrible accident had just happened. As I was getting ready to walk out of the room, the radio broke the news that a second plane had hit. At this point I went back to one of the rooms that were wired for TV and began to watch the events of the day unfold. The day went on, but not much cirriculum was followed as the day progressed.

One thing I remember well about the reaction of the kids: the jocks, punks, goths, skaters and brains were all shocked and amazed at what was going on. The thugs and pimps were laughing and joking about the whole horrible situation. Makes you wonder...

The problem, BuzzyBear, is that even if we vaporized Osama tommorow, someone else with charisma and financing will get some ignorant, poor soul to try to bomb us by offering big $--or dinars, or whatever the h--- they use over there--to the bomber's family. Plus, most of the potential homicidal bombers there get conned into thinking that they'll go to heaven by some cowardly imam who is all to willing to twist the quran to their own purpose. So there will always be a potential "Osama" waiting in the wings.

Meanwhile, our fearless commander-in-chief wants us to think we're safer as we're having our 18 year olds getting killed by RPGs and roadside bombs in the WRONG FREAKING COUNTRY...

Brandon, this thread was started so that people could maybe reflect on their own experiences of 9-11. Don't turn it into yet another lecture. We have really had way too many lectures from you already.

I was working in my home office, listing to JC and Karen and watchin the TV as they were. I was in shock most of the day. Watching, what I thought were people, (they were) jump from the buildings is a seen I will never forget.

I ditto 28jracer, we all need to count our blessings every day, be thankful for our families, pray for our soldiers and hold on to every moment as a precious one. We get to watch races each week and voice our opinions afterwards,how privileged we are to have this opportunity. Be thankful for all our racers who work hard all week at their jobs and on their cars to provide us with the great shows to watch each week. Be thankful and pray for the soldiers who are fighting for our country every day so we are afforded these opportunities.

I was at work listening to MJ in the morning when I first heard about the plane crashing in the tower. I went and told my co-workers and turned on the TV I was sicken at the sight........When I picked up my daughter that night all I could do is hold her and cry. For weeks I wore a flag to remember those who had fallen on that terrible day. The saddest thing was trying to explain to my 3 year old what had happen.

Please don't forget this day and those who did give all for our country but most importantly....pray for those who are trying to being the coward to justice and those who are trying to prevent it from happening again.

My son will be joining these brave young men and women next year with the Marines.

God Bless all of you and US!!!!!!!!!!!

t.nie thank you for writing this it made a a few people post stuff on here on a good note not arguing about everything.
People Read all of these post it makes you tear up and your belly tense at least I do.

I was in the shower and getting ready to go to class over at UMSL. The phone rang as soon as I got out and was told to turn on TV. The first tower had already been hit and heard that other hijacked planes were out in the sky. I watched until I had to leave for school. On the way, I stopped at where my parents were and everyone was just pretty much in shock. I remember feeling so empty...like there was nothing I could do. One of the towers fell as I was driving to school. On the way there, I remember passing the airport and seeing some planes land. Couldn't but help to wonder if any of them were hijacked or something. When I parked at class I noticed that the campus was very quiet...people were already beginning to assemble and trying to discuss what was exactly going on. I got to my first class and one guy had his dad working in Tower 1 and the Professor said that we were allowed to leave if we needed to...he ran in and left while on the cell trying to get ahold of family members...his dad made it out ok. I remember just sitting in a large lecture class with that TV on and nobody really left...everyone just sat and watched as things began to unfold. If you have never been to the UMSL campus..the planes fly over about every 2 seconds it seems...for days it seemed so earily quiet and people were so very shaken up. I skipped the rest of the day and, like so many others, I stayed glued to what was going on. I remember going to the races that following weekend and having all the tributes...was very moving.

Saturday night at Eldora they played the national athem with two horses galloping around the track....on one a man carried the American flag..on the other (right behind him) a man carried the POW MIA flag. 40 thousand people went nuts for the red, white, and blue as soon as the song finished!

I was on my way home from work. My wife called me and told me that a plane had crashed into one of the towers and I hurried home to catch the coverage. I walked in the house just as the second plane hit. It was then that I knew that what had happened wasn't an accident.

My wife didn't seem to understand the significance of what had happened regardless if it was intentional or not. The size of the buildings and the damaged sustained should have been enough to make anyone sick. Add to this the nature of the incident, and knowing that it wasn't an accident just made it worse for me.

I thought about the passengers on the planes and what they must have been feeling as they saw the towers approaching as they banked in towards the towers. Then I thought about the people in the towers that either didn't know what hit them or had to watch helplessly as they watched those planes crash into them.

And being a firefighter/paramedic myself I thought about the helpless and overwhelming feeling that the firefighters, medics, and police must have been feeling. As rescuers we're trained to handle just about anything! But there was nothing they could have done to prepare them for what they where walking into. Bodies dropping from the building and landing on the street next to them. Wounded and dead bodies being carried out of the towers like an assembly line even before the structure gave away. Then there were the firefighters that watched from a distance while the towers fell trapping civilians and firefighters alike inside the rubble. I can't imagine the feeling of hopelessness they must have felt when they knew that they didn't have the answer. That they couldn't save many thousands of people. And that they might have lost hundreds of their very own.

Just when we thought this day couldn't get worse breaking news from the Pentagon comes pouring across our screens. Then reports of a 4th plane going down in PA. Thank God it didn't hit somewhere else! But why a field?

My thoughts then went to the thousands of planes that might still be in the air. What would be their next target? How can we stop this? Will it ever stop? Who's behind this? And mostly, is this the beginning of the end?

My wife still didn't understand why I was so upset as I kneeled in front of the t.v. crying and sobbing. The only other time I had felt a fear close to this was when the first attacks on Iraq where launched in Desert Storm. I tried to explain the magnatued of this incident to her but she never realized how big the issue was until her friend called her crying.

We sat in front of the television all day watching the coverage and waiting for reports of other attacks. And waiting to see what President Bush was going to do about this! Would he hit the red button? Would we regroup and take our time? Would we ever find out who we where after?

Later that night the price gouging (sp) started and we headed out to find gas before the prices went through the roof.

I know in all my life I had never felt so scared as I did that day. My only hope is that we, as a Country, don't allow something like this to happen again. It's my belief that our actions today are complete appropriate and maybe not even enough. I'm of a strong opinion that if some one wants to play with the bull they're gonna get the horns. And honestly, we've only begun to take care of business the way it needs to be.

9/11. From that day forward America was changed. Sure we might be back to normal in our daily lives, but our National defense will be ever changed. We'll be fighting terrorism long after I leave this earth. But one thing is for certain. I'll never forget what was done that day. The lives lost. The hero's who put their lives on the line for our brothers and sisters. And those bastards that had the nerve to test the strongest Country on the face of the earth. Their day will come! And when it does I hope I'm here to celebrate victory for our Neighbors's and Hero's that were lost on that horrific day!

God Bless The USA!!!! I'll Never Forget!!!!

I remember 911 like it was yesterday i had just gotten to school when one of my friends came up and said that the world trade center and been hit by a plane and i thought it was just an accident but then we got into school to see another plane strike the other tower. Most of our teachers let us watch it and in our history class i went off on the teacher because he didn’t let us watch it and after i gave him some words he turned it on. It just tore me apart to see so many people die FDNY workers police emts and anyone else.
Things changed everywhere three days after 911 we had a bomb threat at our school and we had to leave as fast as we could the older kids would grab a little boy or girl and to listen to a little boy say what’s a bomb? And will i ever see my mommy and daddy again really hits you. 2 years ago i got the chance of a lifetime to go to New York man did i love it? I went into firehouses talked to the guys and just about anyone would talk to ya. We brought the Lebanon Fire department flag up there and they put it on their memorial wall. I cried when i was at ground zero just that the fact that sumtin like that could happen. Ever since i was a little boy my dream was to become a firefighter. After high school ill be enrolling into fire department classes and taken a emt class and after a year experience with Lebanon fire dept im moving to New York to be one of the best of the best. We had our flags on our stock car Saturday night up at highland raceway and i can guarantee someone above was watching down on us ~Kyle

Back