I think i got screwed at I55 sat. night

demoderbydude

SHOCK EM
Well, i spun out in the heat race, i stopped, and the flagman threw the yellow and the yellow light came on. i restarted the car and turned around and proceeded to drive slowly down the back strait so the leaders would go by and i could fall into position and get ready for the restart. I glanced behind me to see where they were and noticed the were coming very fast. I then noticed that the green light was back on. So i dropped the hammer and ran to avoid getting rocked in the ***. After the race i asked Billy Kleine what the hell was going on and he said they just wanted to get the race over. Thanks, i appreciate that. I guess for a moment they forgot how much money the pro-4 class brings in and dont take home. There is alot of money there... Pit passes for drivers, crew, grandstands for friends and family, Food and drinks, And all we get back is a $15 dollar trophey. I am not asking for money, just respect for the people who work hard to provide a good portion of your payout. But, starting in the back of the feature allowed me to get a good view of about 5 or 6 people driving way over there head. Wow, from the top to the bottom,and the bottom back to the top, these people were out of control, Kind of glad i ran this one in the back
Also, on a lighter note, it was good to see Dave Heindricks old neon back on the track with some new colors, i was wondering when it would reappear. Looks good. Even better to see Dave himself in the grandstands again after his heart attack last year at the nationals. Get well soon Dave!

I think its like an $8 trophey. But welcome to allied pro-4 class, we can complain all we want but, they survived before us and they will still be racin there when we're gone(which will probably be sooner than later). Listen im with you guys on how things work for our class but i dont see it changing for us. I heard on saturday from an unmentioned person that they where told we(pro- 4) dont deserve any respect and at first that pissed me off but after thinking about it i think the key is that we need to earn that respect. Just something to think about

Well you guys have my RESPECT. I have really grown fond of this class. You guys are really doing a GREAT JOB. The beating and banging has been kept to a minimal this year well somewhat LOL!!!! Note last lap of the feature Sat Night .... That was an exciting race. Never leave a door open that wide LOL!!!! But over all you guys do an AWESOME JOB and I for one enjoy the heck out of you guys.......

Thanks dirt girl. That was rough for me i drive the 86 white celica and my panhard bar mount broke with three to go but i still fished fouth thanks to the beatin and bangin up front in turn four i just got by Trey at the line.

i guess it would have been nice to see heindricks car there. but it wasnt.
demoderbydude said:
Well, i spun out in the heat race, i stopped, and the flagman threw the yellow and the yellow light came on. i restarted the car and turned around and proceeded to drive slowly down the back strait so the leaders would go by and i could fall into position and get ready for the restart. I glanced behind me to see where they were and noticed the were coming very fast. I then noticed that the green light was back on. So i dropped the hammer and ran to avoid getting rocked in the ***. After the race i asked Billy Kleine what the hell was going on and he said they just wanted to get the race over. Thanks, i appreciate that. I guess for a moment they forgot how much money the pro-4 class brings in and dont take home. There is alot of money there... Pit passes for drivers, crew, grandstands for friends and family, Food and drinks, And all we get back is a $15 dollar trophey. I am not asking for money, just respect for the people who work hard to provide a good portion of your payout. But, starting in the back of the feature allowed me to get a good view of about 5 or 6 people driving way over there head. Wow, from the top to the bottom,and the bottom back to the top, these people were out of control, Kind of glad i ran this one in the back
Also, on a lighter note, it was good to see Dave Heindricks old neon back on the track with some new colors, i was wondering when it would reappear. Looks good. Even better to see Dave himself in the grandstands again after his heart attack last year at the nationals. Get well soon Dave!

That unmentioned person that said that was Billy Klein and I was the person he told that too. My dad, Qwaynick, and I were all trying to get my toe right, it was 3 inches out, and I got out on the track a little late. Spanky was still lining up cars out there. So I go to get my spot in the third row. Spanky then tells me I have to go to the back. So I'm pissed, but go back anyway. I started 17th spot and was in 10th and still moving when my clutch went out. So then I'm even more mad, and want to yell at someone so I goto Billy and ask why I was put back. He tells me I have three minutes and I was late. I really wasn't too upset except that if one of the other classes are late getting out there they would be given their spot back. And I said that. That is when he told me that we are a begininer class, that races for a damn trophy, we don't deserve the same rights and respect.

Sorry Billy but we pay the same amount for our pit passes, we are allied members, you need to start respecting us. This is bullcrap. You have lost another Pro 4, cause I'm not gonna be racing I-55 very much any more. I get screwed every week.

Another thing, why are we worrying so much about whether the 88 is heinrichs old car. Has the 88 won a feature??? Why don't we worry about these mustangs that have enough money in their motors to build a sportsman with?? They win nearly every week. Or how bout Conrad who is beating these mustangs??? We need to worry about those winning every week before a guy who is mid pack. If you don't believe me about that stangs go to http://www.esslingeracing.com/ for anything for a 2.3 mustang motor. Not the same motor as my 2.3 Tempo.

Oh well guess I'll stop rambling now. See yall at the track sometime.

Sounds like you had a pretty fast hotrod if you came from 17th to 10 before you broke. Be careful Brad very very careful they may think you are cheating as well if you pass cars... :eek: :D

They can think all they want but its stock.
BTW, sorry if I was all over the place while going through the field. I honestly can't tell ya if I was or wasn't. I was just trying to pass cars and doing what ever without hitting people to get by. The car does get faster when you're pissed off.

crash9 said:
They can think all they want but its stock.
BTW, sorry if I was all over the place while going through the field. I honestly can't tell ya if I was or wasn't. I was just trying to pass cars and doing what ever without hitting people to get by. The car does get faster when you're pissed off.

Brad you say you were all over the place and trying whatever... Settle down drive a consistant line and you will be one of those front runners. But drive all over the place you loose BIG GROUND.... As to the person who drives a smooth line. Look what washing up did in the feature on the last lap in turn 3-4. Then swoop 3rd place car driving his line took the win. Get your line not up and down and wait for the kill. You'll be there. It takes alot of seat time to drive SMART... As for Billy Klein tell him he better be nice or I will take care of him......:eek: :eek: :D Good Luck Where ever you decided to race.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease!

Maybe its not my place to open my mouth since I normally only race I-55 during the Fall Nationals, but... I will anyway. Enough already with the theory of: "Just be smooth and hold your line and you'll be up front". What???? It is insulting to the drivers who play the game by the rules and then get blasted off the track by what are basically full blown ministocks. End of discussion. I think I-55 is an incredible racetrack. If I didn't, my friends and family wouldn't make the long drive each October to compete. But each year we arrive to find some of the most blatantly obvious infractions that it makes you wonder. I can empathize with the weekly competitors who have to put up with this season after season. This is just my personal opinion but lets call it like it is please.

Gary: How are you feeling man?

I didn't say I was driving wild, just going everywhere trying to pass. I really don't know whether a stock mustang is much faster than a tempo, but I know on a dryslick track it evens us out.

First of all, I AM NOT WORRIED that Dave's car is back. Second, I am certain that it is Daves old car because when i built what is now the F5 neon back in 04, I took like 20 something pictures of daves car and cage to base mine off of. trust me, there is no other neon out there with a stronger cage than that one. there is tubing everywhere. Plus there are some little things that give it away like the window screen, tach placement, and the holes in the bottom of the trunk lid.

Dry slick + 50 psi

From being an ex pro 4 driver, the 50 lbs in the front right and being dry slick is one hell of a challenge, no matter what type of driver you are. But I will admit, I used to complain about the tore pressure and all myself but when I moved up to Rams, the experiance I got from the Pro 4's helped out tremendously. Juz bear with it and learn from it. It will better you in the future. Trust me, never ran higher then 5th at Pevely now I have a couple feature wins and 3 heat wins in a row. Experiance is something you never can get enough of. Greatest thing I ever had said to me was from a sprint car driver, he said and I quote: You Pevely Pro 4 guys have got to be some of the best natural drivers to run a track that gets dry slick which is hard enough to run but then to have to run 50 psi in the tires, hell of some drivers in my book. I still think about that as bein the best comment to me ever! Just learn from it, take self gratification knowing that there are some that will cheat, but for those of you who dont, it is noticed by people in the stands and other drivers. It will all work out in the end.

crash9 said:
I didn't say I was driving wild, just going everywhere trying to pass. I really don't know whether a stock mustang is much faster than a tempo, but I know on a dryslick track it evens us out.

And for the record I did not say you were driving wild either. And a dry slick track does even you out somewhat but it still takes a driver on the dry slick. Dry slick is a drivers track NOT a MOTOR track. Or is it different for the 4 cyl as to all the other classes. You know I sit in the stands and watch other classes and the drivers washing up in the turn and lose their momentum. I know WE do sometimes and it's hard to make up that kind of ground. Then if it happens more than once or several times well you are now along way from the front. When someone is driving their line w/out washing it does make a big difference. Consistancy wins alot of RACES..... And find out about the Mustang and Tempo dealie..... And let me know I am curious....

these things would sure make a car faster
demoderbydude said:
First of all, I AM NOT WORRIED that Dave's car is back. Second, I am certain that it is Daves old car because when i built what is now the F5 neon back in 04, I took like 20 something pictures of daves car and cage to base mine off of. trust me, there is no other neon out there with a stronger cage than that one. there is tubing everywhere. Plus there are some little things that give it away like the window screen, tach placement, and the holes in the bottom of the trunk lid.

I never said anything about speed, just that it is the same car. for all i know i might not be the same motor. i did sound different, but still seemed to run well. a little more seat time and you will have a winner!

Back