I want my money back from All Star event at B-Ville!

Racerrod

racerrod
I just noticed the Belleville schedule posted for 2005 and the All-Stars are not on the schedule. How do we get our money back from this ticket I've been holding for 6 months!!!?? What a joke. Rained out twice and then cancelled in October because it "will probably be too cold" is what the All Star promoter told me! I'll be damn sure to find his number somewhere today and give him another call.

RacerRod

Well that was fast. I just talked with the competition director for the All Star Circuit of Champions and he informs me that they are still working on returning in 2005. The date he has penciled in is Friday July 8th. I wonder if Allied knows this?? He apologized for the confusion and says that since it's a leased track situation, it's hard to get everyone on the same page.

Though this date is not set in stone, he assured me that their priority is to put on the show and not go through the trouble of refunding the hundreds of pit passes and gate tickets to the fans who were there for the rainouts. So let's hope this actually happens and we can watch this historic show on July 8th!

The person I talked with was Steve Failor and he gave me his personal number to contact him. If you have further questions that I did not answer here, then here is a number to get help from someone who knows. He is the competition director with the All Stars. (Steve Failor 217-832-9685)

Thanks Steve and let's hope you are right here.

...RacerRod

Ha-Ha beat me to the post there Rod.........That show is a Brian Thompsen deal and I know he ain't gonna dissapoint the fans..... Buttttttt I still can't hardly wait to see this one !!!!!!!!!!

Brian Thompson always tries to do the best for the fans, & I hate it when other people that don't know him or know what is going on is quick to criticize him.

And the racers,one of the few promotors that I've seen go to every racer after the show,shake there hands and tell em thanks for coming !!!!!

HWORRELL:

It was actually rained out twice and then cancelled again in October. GUY WEBB told me that the October event that was rescheduled twice already would have to be postponed again because he said " it would probably be too cold and it wouldn't be a good show." As it turned out it was about 60 degrees that day and a perfect night for racing. I am anxious to see this show too, but I'll believe it when I see it. Sounds like the Allied folks, All-Star folks, and all promoters involved in this event are not on the same page. That was straight from GUY WEBB's mouth also.

RacerRod

RacerRod

It would have been a nice night for a race, if we didn't get the inch or more of rain overnight. Guess they knew what they were doing.

I think hanging on to people's money for almost 6-8 months is a questionable practice, at best. I really think the honorable thing to do would be to give everyone a refund, and reschedule.

If I went anywhere else and bought something, I would expect to get what I paid for, certainly within a reasonable amount of time. Not "next year, when we can find a convenient time for us to provide it." Face it, you paid your money, and got no show. Twice. Thats enough, give me my money back, and when you come to town again next year, I will buy another ticket then. Thats just my 2 cents, for what it's worth.
I dont have a beef with anyone. I was just giving my take on holding onto the take at the gate when no show happened for such an extended period of time.

I do think that if this was another promoter, many voices would be raised in accusation of him taking their money and not delivering the goods.

You know me Art, I stick my nose into everything on here... lol:D

i guess all the complainers on here want the race promoters and personnel to be able to predict the weather months in advance. dave murray and all of his sophisticated weather equipment can't even do that. if you want a refund, i am sure mr. thompson will accomodate you. just call him.he is a very honorable person, but i don't think he can control the weather. sure beats getting on here and bad-mouthing the situation.

Midget Racer: You don't think waiting a year to see an event you already paid for is unusual?? Funny how when other people don't agree with your opinions it's called complaining? What is it called when you have a gripe with someone else, especially when that someone else has your money? Just stating the facts that many have paid money for a show that never happened and now it sounds like it's going to be a YEAR before that show actually happens.

Regardless of when it is ran, I would like to see it. But when the Belleville schedule is posted on their web site for 2005 and no ALL STAR date is on there it makes you wonder doesn't it?

RacerRod

I think it is unusual that you have to wait a year to watch the event that you paid for, but I don't think it's the worst decision that has ever been made. I personally, am waiting for the event for this upcoming year. My pit pass is in my car & I can't wait for the show to be run. JMO!

i don't see the difference in holding onto your ticket, or buying it again next year. money is the same. alot of people buy tickets for an event way in advance of an event. i am one of them. sorry.... i just do not see the point in your posts. you are not getting shafted, if that's your thinking. thompson is a stand-up guy. maybe a lot of time has passed, and you have had alot of time to get aggravated about this.i don't know for sure, but maybe???

I see a big difference between holding on to your ticket, and buying one next year. You knew when you stood at the gate and bought your ticket that you were available and able and willing to see the show on that particular date. That is why you showed up. Next year? Who knows what you're doing next year. The people who have your money don't seem to know when they are going to honor that, either.

I did not buy a ticket to this event, but it would leave me feeling like I was having to do a lot of messing around to have to organize my own damn refund for an event that I bought and paid for that NEVER took place.

I have no doubt that this Thompson guy is reliable, a number of people have nothing but good things to say about him.

But let me ask you on thing: If this was Bob Wente, I betcha a million bucks you would be on here bytching your head off about what an asshole Wente is. What makes this any different?

midget racer said:
i don't see the difference in holding onto your ticket, or buying it again next year. money is the same.??

The difference is this: How much interest is Thompson earning off of our money over the course of a year? I'm thinking we should at least get a voucher for a buck or two off at the concession stand when they do run this show.

to be totally honest todd, it's been soooo long since i have actually bought a ticket to get into the stands, or bought a pit pass,i really don't know what my reaction would be; whether it was wente or anyone else.you may have a point here, now that you put it in a different light. on the other hand, i do not see what anyone has to gain about having to wait for a race, then showing their frustration about it on here. a simple phone call to thompson would've done the job.and todd, if you didn't buy a ticket, as you said so yourself,then what specifically is your beef here? just wondering.i do not hear anyone complaining that they were denied a refund. that is my point, along with nobody can control the weather.

RacerRod,

If you're that worried about $30, maybe you shouldn't be building a racecar! You'll get your money back. I know Thompson pretty well and he's a very honorable guy. He cannot control the weather so RELAX!!!!

13 Fan

t.nie said:
I dont have a beef with anyone. I was just giving my take on holding onto the take at the gate when no show happened for such an extended period of time.

I do think that if this was another promoter, many voices would be raised in accusation of him taking their money and not delivering the goods.

You know me Art, I stick my nose into everything on here... lol:D
This was supposed to go here. Or something. I just woke up. I am not all there. Now what do I do?

Back