I'll Volunteer My Time Under New Ownership

BRSDBoy

Your Typer and Talker
Over the past two years, I often marveled at the simple fact that the track has remained open. I have marveled at how racers could be so dedicated to the sport, while maintaining their patience as they watched their money go down the drain.

Even more remarkable, in my opinion, has been the determination, dedication, and the downright insane amount of patience shown by the committee members and track officials; helpers like Jason H., Sara, Jeff, Karen, and yes, even myself.

I cannot speak for anyone else, however I must confess, I do share a similar discontent with numerous other officials. I stayed on for the past two years because I love the sport of sand drag racing. But after two years of working under ownership that didn't know how to listen, handle conflicts, show objectivity while making decisions, or even put a tiny bit of effort into improving the track, my patience ended last August.

I wish Big River Sand Drags could proudly proclaim that it's the best sand drag track in the midwest. We have all worked so hard to try to improve things, but when you have a lame-duck making the executive decisions, it all just begins to seem pointless.

For all of the time, effort, money, and dedication you amazing racers and officials have put into Big River Sand Drags, you deserve nothing less than an owner who will maintenence and upgrade equipment as necessary, replace lights on the track so we can even see the damned races; someone who will actually answer phone calls, and try to work with others to get things accomplished -- and someone who is organized and educated enough to know that you can't just keep making money from a business to support yourself while leaving the business to rot and expect to continue making money.

The racers and fans also deserve an ownership that will be responsible enough to pay bills for advertising, awards, websites, and machinery instead of giving our track a bad name with all of the local businesses.

This isn't about the owners anymore. It's about our track. It's about the 25 years of history we have as an organization. What they just don't realize is that we care, because our investment in time and money, and our credibility as an organization are at stake. We deserve better, and it's about damn time they realize that.

Until the track is under the ownership of credible, capable leaders, I will remain resigned from any and all connections with BRSD. But if the track is sold to someone with experience and knowledge of the business and track (i.e., somone who may or may not have already been asked several times within the past week to buy the track), I would work harder than ever with my brother and friends to get the place in tip-top shape. I'd even do it for free.

Signed,

Nickolas L. Harris

Great News

that would be wonderful Nick of you to do that and I am sure that if that happens that the new owners would be thrilled to have you as part of their team.....i hope that it all works out for you, you have had a rough life the last year and i hope that you got all of your problems fixed and glad to hear that you are living back down hear and not in columbia school anymore. Congrats and good luck with everything
christi

Back