Incidents and Crashes

Before i begin i want to state this is ONLY my opinions !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am someone that sits in the grandstands every week and watches the races and forms my own opinions on what happens during the races. Last Friday night was no exception. First, Jeremy Greenwalt took a whipping in his race from another car and a black flag was not even showed to the driver that hit him. Second, the deal with Miseal ...... All i know is what i did see on the back stretch. Miseal stopped abruptly on the back and #35 Savage tried stopping to avoid hitting him then an orange car hit #35 in the rear and caused him to go into the car of Miseal. A CHAIN REACTION ....... Then MR Miseal proceeds to come out of his car , throwing his helmet on the ground and gets right in the car with Savage. All the while security trying to calm him down. I believe action should have been taken. I have seen drivers told to pack their cars up and go for that. ( at other tracks ) I agree with some when they say "car count is vital " BUT ....... do we really need drivers like that ? I have absolutly NOTHING against Mr Miseal ...... He may have just had a bad night and that could be possible but no apoligies were made that i heard of and HE made the statement he was not coming back ! I feel that is his right and privilage as a car driver or owner. Again i say....... it is all about GOOD CLEAN DRIVING !!!!!!!! I have many friends and i do know what kind of money they have in thier cars. It is unbelieveable !!!! To much for beating and banging. LeaDonna ( i mean no disrespect to anyone.. these are just my thoughts )

agree

it is all about GOOD CLEAN DRIVING !!!!!!!! I have many friends and i do know what kind of money they have in thier cars. It is unbelieveable !!!! To much for beating and banging. LeaDonna ( i mean no disrespect to anyone.. these are just my thoughts )[/QUOTE] I agree the beat & bang and chop blocks need to be delt with by the officials. I talked with two modified drivers last week that say they won't come back till the rough driving is policed. Jon Reando

I'm not defending Steve Maisel, but I've been watching him race for a long time, he's a $#@ good racer BUT he does have a short fuse, always did. Again, not defending him, just making a point.

did the 35 get into maisel before that after the race, cuz he was upset about something?

seems some of the sportsman guys that raced there before the changes are getting a little frustrated. the 35 for example is leading the points and won a lot before. but, now it seems he's a top 5 car at best! his glory has been stolen. i'm sure there are some there that would like to go back to the original rules, and get 8 cars and run for $200 to win. the way they see it, they have a chance at winning at least.no as much fame in getting $200 for forth like it is now.

i know of some guys who haven't tried fredericktown even with the new rules and payout, because of the rough driving reputation that place has. from what i've seen and heard, it was good for a few weeks. but, its reared it ugly head again.

i guess the 8 cars will be glad when they run off all the outsiders and get back to the original 8.

btw.......i wonder if mr. savage thinks he's all that dominating an 8 car field every week?

good luck matt eaton 53, and chuck adams 99.

Doug Savage is one of the cleanest racers you will find in any class. The situation between he and Steve last week was just one of those things that happens from time to time. You can look at that field of cars from last Friday night and a very large percentage of them were capable of winning the feature or a feature at Fredericktown. To say his "glory days" have been stolen is a bit far fetched.

By the way, Happy Birthday today Swappin Paint!!

I said this at the last RAMS meeting and it goes for all the drivers out there... You can beat and bang and drive through cars all you want, but what goes around comes around (you may not get it back that night or from the person you do it to, but it will come back around to you). If you keep doing that, you may have some fans left in the stands at the end of the season, but you WILL NOT have any respect left from your fellow competitors or anyone in the pits who sees what you're doing. Just something to think about... it's a matter of what you see when you look in the mirror and who you want to see looking back at you. - JUST MY OPINION, but a lot of people seem to agree with me.

Racewindow...you are exactly right..and when it comes around it might not even be out on the track but in the pits. i have seen someone get a flat and needa tire/wheel to run the remainder of the night and can't because they don't have the right one and with their "agressive" driving skills people in the pits wont lone them won..and i know tons of people that lone tires but....not if you drive like a fool.JB

The 35 Hit Steve Coming Out Of 4 For The Checker, Going Into 1 After The Checker And Again Coming Outta 2. Yes, Finally Steve Stopped On The Back Strech To Let The Guy Go Or Find Out What The Problem Is. Obviously He Had A Problem With Steve And Steve Didn't Know Why. Maisel Made A Clean Pass, So Why The 35 Was Upset Who Knows???? But, If Any Off You Causual Fans Want To Invest The Money These Guys Have In Their Equiptment And Have Some Whine Bag Bang On It After The Race For No Reason, Well Go Ahead, But We Won't!!!!!!!!!!!

But, Just So You Know, It Wasn't Steve's Crew Out In The Pit Area Mouthing Off It Was The 35's Bunch And His Daddy Coming Across The Pits Waving A Pry Bar. So Who's The Class Act Here?

Steve Has Been Racing Around St.louis For A Long Time. Yes He Has A Temper, But Dirty Or Rough Driver He Is Not. Usually His Temper Flares Due To Ignorant Crap Like This, Not Racing Deals!!!!!!!

All I Can Say Is.......the Officials/ Promoter Need To Do Something, Or This Is What They Get!

Worth Repeating !!!!!!!

Millsey said:
Doug Savage is one of the cleanest racers you will find in any class. The situation between he and Steve last week was just one of those things that happens from time to time. You can look at that field of cars from last Friday night and a very large percentage of them were capable of winning the feature or a feature at Fredericktown. To say his "glory days" have been stolen is a bit far fetched.

By the way, Happy Birthday today Swappin Paint!!
I have to absolutly 100% agree with this post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LeaDonna :)

Doug Savage.....

Doug isn't all about "dominating", he's a normal racers racer. I know how LD watches races and calls what she sees, and it sounds like Doug got pushed into Maisel..... If Maisel has the "short fuse syndrome" like you guys say, then it sounds like one of them "racin' deals. Doug is just as proud of his equipment as anyone else who doesn't want it tore up! And his dad should have been waving a pry bar, he owns as much of that car as Doug does....and he is old enough to need an equalizer! LOL. It sounds like Maisel should have waited on an explanation about what happenend, instead of jumping to conclusions and out of the car. Fighting on the track is as bad OR WORSE than driving through someone elses car, and neither should be tolerated--regardless of car counts. :eek:

And BTW, anyone who thinks that they aren't racing there until the driving is clean, will never race there. They are racing big cars on a little bullring track, **** happens fast and cars will always rub alot there.

Thanks Randy...

I appreciate your comments. I do watch the races ! I just say what i see. Im NOT always right... and dont claim to be. But i agree that crapp happens. Like i have told some friends of mine ( YES, i do have friends ) I dont care what anyone says, the grass isnt always greener on the other side ! EVERY race track has their problems. I have NEVER been to a track that is 100% on thier calls. It just does not exist !!!!!! It is easy to jump off and say " i aint never going back " but you know what, most of the time you have to eat your own words and go back. And that is o.k......I never agree with all the calls. BUT gosh dangit, go and enjoy the races !!!!! Cheer your loudest for these men that are out there driving their hearts out to get the checkered........ LeaDonna

If You Guys Were Watching, Did You Not See The 3 Hits On The 41 By The 35?
If You Guys Were Watching, Did You See The 41 Wrecked In The Feature? Steve Said Nothing About That. Even Though It Did Almost $500 Worth Of Damage. Reason Be, It Was A Racing Deal. Not Someone Taking Liberties Because He's Frusrtated. Thats The Difference.

Dirtsurfer, I Agree About The Track Size And Some Contact Is To Be Expected. But, It Doesn't Have To Be Excessive. Good Clean Door To Door Racing As Well As Beat Fests Can Be Controled By The Drivers. If Not Definitely By The Track Offcials.

Andy - how many weeks have you watched Maisel down there? He's been hitting several people out on the track - he's not biased. I've also seen the Maisel temperment - it may be a family trait - and I also happen to know they are very nice people and I don't have any problems any with them. Yes, I agree, people have a lot of money invested in their cars, but throwing a fit on the straight makes you look like a fool - sorry Steve, but it could have been handled better.

As far as Doug Savage... I've been cheering him on for a while because I've been impressed by his CLEAN driving - you don't see that much anymore. Maybe, just maybe (and I don't know the circumstances here) he got fed up with getting hit by the same driver and let him know it wasn't acceptable. Sometimes you have to stand up for yourself.

As far as rough driving, several people know that I addressed a similar problem down in the pits one night recently in the RAMS class. From what I can tell, things have gotten better. Maybe what happened last Friday was just one of those nights and it won't happen again - we can only hope.

Oh Well, I'm Done Discussing It. I Get The Impression All You Regulars Are Buddie Buddie And Don't Want Any Outside Competition To Come In. I Hope When They Get Back To 8-9 Cars, Terry Starts Paying The $200 Again. Then Maybe The 35 Will Be King Again.

PITDRIFTER said:
Oh Well, I'm Done Discussing It. I Get The Impression All You Regulars Are Buddie Buddie And Don't Want Any Outside Competition To Come In. I Hope When They Get Back To 8-9 Cars, Terry Starts Paying The $200 Again. Then Maybe The 35 Will Be King Again.

I'm Steve Maisel and I support the previous message! - Steve Maisel 2004 Presidential Committee

Pitdrifter

I am not Buddie Budding with anyone. You missed my point. I would like nothing more than for any car come and race this track. Let's just keep the bar room brawls off the track. I dont care if it is Billy Smith, Randy Forster or Kenny Harris. IM NOT PREJIDUCE !!!! Dont be offend , like i said before. I am only speaking MY opinion. :) LeaDonna

Sorry LD, but no matter what you do or say anymore - Pitdrifter takes everything personally these days. Apparently whatever we say he's going to argue with anyway. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I happen to agree with yours, LD - keep the brawls off the track.

I Feel Most Of These Comments Are Biased. All Thats Been Posted Is What The 41(outsider) Did. Not One Of You Acknowledged What The 35(good Ole Boy) Did. Except Rg, Then A Excuse Was Quickly Added. But Who Knows, That Kinda Crap Is Probably Normal To Those Who Have Been Going There For A While. Widow I Don't Know How Many Races You've Seen The 41 Race There, But He Hasn't Hit Anyone That Wasn't A Result Of Hard Racing. He Has Been Hit His Fair Share Also From The Same Thing. What The 35 Was Doing Wasn't Racing.

Btw.....i Have Been There Everytime The 41 Has Except Last Week!

Back