Interior and Decking for a Modified

ModRacer_1S

got dirt?
I am wanting to replace my decking and interior on my mod, would like to have some input on who you guys use. I know most chassis builders get around $700-$750 installed. I also thought about doing it myself and saving a chunk of cash. What do you guys think, any local info would help, I'm in the Franklin/Warren County Missouri area. Anybody out there willing to help out? Thanks

We did our own bodies last year and saved some money. wasn't hard, but we had access to a sheet metal brake. If you have the tools I'd use the old pieces as templates and do it yourself. We might replace our deck this year and thats what we're going to do.
This year we had Mike Null at Nulinski's in Wentzvile and Shawn Rayfield at Rayfield Racin Components in O'Fallon make some fenders and doors for like $50.00 a piece. Really Impressed with Mike Nulls work. And Shawn did some reall nice bodies for a couple of friends. Call them up. See what they'll charge. Coickpits and decks are the most complicated parts to bend up.

I have been to Mike's in Wentzville several times and heard good things about Shawn Rayfield, his bodies always look good. I'm just trying to save money like everyone else. Brian I'll give you a call but your pretty far away from me. I'm only 20 min. from Wentzville or O'fallon. I want to do my decking a little different than it is right now.
Thanks for the input.

I live at Bryan and 70 and have a sheet metal break. If you need to you can come by and use it some time. All I ask is that you call and let me know in advance.

Beau Davis
314-495-7994

Thanks Beau, I'll definitely keep you in mind. Anyone know how much money or how many sheets of aluminum it would take to do the deck and interior?? I guessed about 3 sheets. I'm not sure I have never done one before. I would love for someone local to show me how to do this....any takers????

I live reasonably close, Warrenton. I'm going to redo my interior sometime in December your welcome to come by and watch me do mine. It will be my first time doing the interior but, I'm going to give it a try.

if you use the interior you took out and the decking as templates there is no reason you don't have it done in one or two days. I have been doing them from scratch for my sons sportsman for 4 years now. I normally try and do the interior by myself it is easier for me that way but the decking is pretty straight forward the only problems are the cuts for tubing. You might also want to invest in a pair of electric sheet metal sheers from Harbor frieght or Cummins tools they are like 25.00 and are well worth the money on the savings of your hands.

Al

Thanks for all of the input, I didn't think the decking would be that big of a deal. I was more concerned about the interior.....Chad

Back