Iroc

openwheel

I was looking at the IROC race lineup for Daytona and got to wondering. Why is there never a late model driver in there? I like watching Steve Kinser in those races but would also like to see a guy like Billy Moyer as well. If they're going to take the top sprint car driver why not take the top late model driver too? There's probably more dirt late model fans than sprint car fans across the country. A top late model driver wouldn't have any trouble driving an IROC car. Why are none there?

Add this into that question. Why not run on the dirt for one of the races?

Tony Stewart brought this up last night on Trackside and said he would offer Eldora as the track to run it at. The officials will look at it, but don't expect it to happen real soon. But, wouldn't that be interesting to see that happen?

I dont think there are more late model fans than spint when you consider USAC they are huge outside of missouri but I do think a USAC driver would be a good choice for IROC .Dave Steele would be one, but on the Late Model end T Stewart is trying to get an IROC race at Eldora so we may see a team like the sports car team split the duties 3 ways instead of 2, road course,super speedway, and dirt that would be cool . Or put T Mac on all three types of tracks and watch him win it all ?

there is no way anybody could compare Kinser to Moyer. It takes more skill to drive a sprint car than a late model. and remember, Kinser has driven at daytona when he was driving the quaker state car. has moyer ever driven on pavement at 190mph? im still not sure moyer is even the best latemodel driver. i think mr summernationals would be a better fit then moyer

no but he has driven 170 on dirt plus he has just few more competitors to run against than kinser especaillly at his level

Bloomquist has a pretty strong record on asphalt from a while back. If he would run a series and be the champ then he would be a good one to see.

And, yes Moyer has a lot more competition in late models. No guy, no matter how good should win 20 titles in something like 23 years. Not taking anything away from him because he is a very good driver and class act.

I would like to see Moyer in IROC. Also, Iroc should race on dirt.

In addition, pretty soon the Cup series will be the same as IROC with all the rule changes that make the cars all the same.

Back