Ironman 55

Was a good show.... Mark Miners new car Fly's. Wish I knew I-55 infield was gonna run out of water before race's ever started and ice by feature time... I would of been happy to cashed in and brought a pickup truck load of it all iced down and been happy to sell it for $2.00 a bottle and split the profit with them. Nothing worse then a cheeseburger and a small cup of warm soda . But stuff like that happens when you have that many people show up for the races...........Huge Crowd !

poor management

Poor management. Two words that describe I55 of the late.
In equal exchange we recieved 4 general admission tickets as replacement for our April reserved seats that were rained out.
So it cost us $12 to lend them $140 for 4 months? Never again.

Out of water by 9? Really? Why not get on the horn to the local stores and get some. ?
The heat index was over 100.

Concession stand needs more than kids in it.
Two girls (stressed to the max, poor girls) making sodas while the line crawls and and the other "help" plays with cheese in the trash can. Yes I saw that.
Each consession stand needs an adult manager to keep things going.
Many people saw the line and didn't spend their money.

Seems there was more money to be made and a necessary services to provide...just saying.

Kudos to the security. Did a great job given the circumstances.

Not sure I will be back next year.

Yes those two girls were getting it handed to them(but doing a great job) and i for one didn't want to waste that much time in line either so i just didn't spend the money.Im assuming they weren't expecting that crowd is the only reason i can think of to not be better prepared.

Back