Is a Titan T3 Champ Kart worth buying to race @ DRR?

36mmracer

Boyer Racing 52
I'm looking @ a T3 Titan Champ Kart for my son to maybe race @ DRR and was wondering if this is a good chassis or not? I don't know much about karts it's all new to me, so any help would be great.
Marty Boyer #52 M.S.O.

t-3 champ

Marty I've never heard of this brand of kart.Might try and find some info on the net about them.If the price is right it might be a good start for Chase.Hope ya get something for him we'll need the karts,since Ive heard there are a couple of karts not returning.See ya guys later.

I found some pics...

They look to be alot like the karts that are out there now. We bought a margay to build for my crew guys kid and the Titan looks real similar. Is it already caged? If so, you may want to get the tubing specs to make sure it will be legal.

Personally, I wish they would build the karts with a 6 point main cage instead of 4 point. The 4 pt. leaves alot of room for another kart to get a wheel or the nose up inside of the cage with the driver....

Landon Barks' kart is still for sale. You guys all watched it run. Proven winner and very safe. Why reinvent the wheel!

Thanks everyone for your input. It was asked why reinvent the wheel? That's not at all what I was wishing to do. I know Landon Bark's kart and he as a driver are both fast. I just came across what looked to be a great price on a complete pkg. deal, but it was 13 hrs away (each way) in NC and would have cost me about $300 in gas + hotel 1 night. I wasn't sure if the engine was within DRR rules. It was WKA legal. The pkg. included fresh motor, open stack trailer and lots of spockets & wheels. It has been sold. If I would sell my mini-stock I would most likely buy Bark's kart. I just don't want too have too much tied up in my truck & a kart at the same time. I'm not sure if Chase will like racing a kart on dirt @ DRR. He tried a 1/4 midget on congrete @ Greenville, IL last year and did great. Thanks again everyone, Marty

Back