Is Dixon going back to Godfrey

lward

:) I am wondering if ED is going back to Godfrey:confused: he packed up and left quickly on friday night...i had heard that he is not going back there but if someone knows please let me know....KEEP RACIN DIXON WE LOVE TO WATCH YOU OUT THERE:D

ed dixon

i thought ky.lake raced on saturday nights not friday nights... unless there is another track in paduca that i dont know about.

there is a track in Paducah that runs Friday nights. Ky lake was Saturday but is now shut down according to another post. Ky Lake is up for auction

Take the Husband Rd exit 11 off of I-24 to PIR, it is up by the airport. KLMS and PIR are definately not the same track. Pir is within 5 or 10 minutes of Paducha and KLMS is at Kalvert city/ Ky lake dam. The Tindals own PIR and it is not the track with the pending auction.

pir (paducah,ky.)

you wouldnt happen to have a link to there site would you? i'll be cruising through there friday and i may have to stop for a night of racing. thanks

i found the web site ......and ky lake raced saturday night ...so?? it may be up for auction but the show is still going on.

from my view of what happened...

Coming out of turn 4 Denny Woodworth was clearly spun by Dixon. Woodworth was a bit out of shape but didnt look to be in any danger of loopin the car. Speedway officials made the call to put Dixon to the back. Upon being told this Dixon was seen flailing his arms in what looked to be a tantrum of sorts. Dixon left the track flew through the pits, drove the car right into the trailer (from what i was told wasnt in the pits), told his crew not to say a word, packed up and left.

If Ed is going to not come back to Godfrey because of 1 call that didnt go his way, that stinks for those of us that like to watch him race. The track in my opinion made the correct call, obviously not in Dixons eyes though.

there are plenty of better tracks in the area to race at on friday nights!!..do they still have the boxing ring section in the stands up there in godfrey??? thats why i havent been there since the mid 1980's....

maybe you should get out a bit more often and quit bashing a track you havent been to in about 20 yrs. Lots of top notch drivers in all classes, havent seen a fight in the stands all year (not saying there hasnt been one just none that i have seen).

So tell us all which tracks are better "in the area" to race at on Fridays that is if you have been to them in the last 20 yrs.

I think there was more to it than the one call ...

JMO but I believe the whole night and others like it will cause Dixon and others to leave. Car counts in both Modified and Late Models are down.

If you recall, Dixon time trial was quick time. Then they come out for the dash and he pulled a 6. Quick time and he starts dead last. About lap 2 he almost flipped it coming out of 4 and pulled into the pits. Had to start 6th in the feature. In the meantime, the guys NOT in top 6 start in a 4 car heat and start heads up. Just doesn't make sense. Why time trial if you have to start dead last in your heat? I don't like the pill draw at Belleville and also don't like it at Godfrey. Why penalize the fast guy?

I never have understood the whole pill draw thing after the dash takes place. Belle-Clair is the worst. No qualifying, then if you are lucky enough to work your way up to finish in the top 2 in your heat race, you run the dash. You give it everything you have to do well in the dash, then you have to draw again. That's just crazy!

Why doesn't UMP have set rules that each track must follow in order to be UMP sanctioned. I have always thought that EVERY UMP track should have qualifying and run their heat races the exact same way that every other UMP sanctioned track does. Just seems to be common sense to me....but maybe I'm wrong.

Godfrey will be closed before the year is over I'm sure. Four car heat races in Late Models and Modifieds is just not what keeps the fans in the stands.

I agree turbo

:) Turbo I agree with you...i also just heard that if more of them leave then they are shutting down Godfrey for the year!!!! Man I hope not cuz I really enjoy going out there:mad: I also heard that the property has been sold and will not be there next year that the track and gas station are gonna be a truck stop? I hope this is not true....I have been going out there for 22years...my uncle works there and said that Friday after the races they had a meeting and that Chad said they had to end up paying out $10,000.00 on Monday night??? Somthing like $6,000.oo to the racer and the rest in bills...the way i look at it they should have known and if it was gonna put them in debt they should have not of done it then....am i wrong....maybe someone on here can let me or all of us know??? Or I guess we will find out??!!!!:confused:

In my years of watching Dixon race, I have not seen him lose his temper or even get too upset with many calls. If he was that upset about the call, then I truly believe that there is more to the story than what we will ever know. Now if he was a driver who threw a fit about everything little call that doesn't go his way, my opinion would be different. Oftentimes, it is difficult to see what happens on the track when you are sitting in the stands. Everyone will have a different opinion on what happens and sometimes it depends on where you sit at the track which will determine what you think happened. The only ones who truly know what take place on the track are the drivers. As for me, besides the late nights at Godfrey this year, my family and I have enjoyed ourselves. We like watching Dixon, Faust, Zobrist, Collins, and a host of others run against each other. I know especially in the early part of the year, it was nice being able to go to a track and see Dixon, Faust, and Melvin battled it out for a championship. First, Melvin leaves and now possibly Dixon, maybe this will be a sign that something is majorly wrong at the track. As for me, I can't say if Godfrey will be the track that we will continue to visit on Fridays. It will all depend on how they hold situations like these.

I can't speak for the modified car count, but remember the Summernationals are in full swing right now. They raced at Kankakee last Friday, and we lost the cars of Brian Collins, Randy Korte, Rodney Melvin and Steve Sheppard to that show.

Back