Is Tri City A Sleeping Giant for '05?

ghost67

Sunday nights...
Where else will the top UMP late models and mods run that night?

Will Highland's best along with Pevely's best be there that night?

I know the 3/8 would be easier on equipment, and the 1/2 gets them spread out pretty good...but that 1/2 is different than anything else in the area.

I usually go over there only 1 or 2 times a year, but I'm pretty optimistic from a fans perspective.

Your thoughts?

Granite

I can't imagine anyone paying money just to watch races on that inside track (1/4 mile). Some of the best late model races i've seen were on that 1/2 mile track over there. If they dont utilize that 1/2 mile ..that place won't make it, no matter who owns it.

I hope they come to their senses and use the 1/2 mile. If so, Ill be a regular customer.

so yes......that track has alot of potential.

I saw some killer races on the 1/4 mile last year, especially in the LM division. If you want close racing I can't really think of a better track in the area. TCS is very fast, has plenty of grip and it's rarely one groove. People pay to watch racing at places like Godfrey, Highland, and Bellville. Why wouldn't they come to Tri City. TCS was viewed as the ugly stepchild because it wasn't UMP sanctioned, not because of the facility itself. Running on Sundays means that's no longer a valid excuse.

When I've seen the midgets at that 1/4 mi. track, I couldn't see them on the backstretch. Is it any better for late models?
Disappointing to me about them not being on the 1/2. Is it just too hard on motors?

I would have to agree, I seen some great racing last year at TCS, on the 1/4, in all classes. I like to watch the big guys come in and race on the 1/2, but as a weekly event I prefer the neck to neck racing, and 4 or 5 guys fighting for 1st.
I wish Kevin the best of luck this season, i'm pretty sure he wont need to much though!

SignMaster said:
I can't imagine anyone paying money just to watch races on that inside track (1/4 mile). Some of the best late model races i've seen were on that 1/2 mile track over there. If they dont utilize that 1/2 mile ..that place won't make it, no matter who owns it.

I hope they come to their senses and use the 1/2 mile. If so, Ill be a regular customer.

They faired quite well last season running just the 1/4. They will do just fine. The 1/4 is not long for the world anyway. 3/8's coming soon.

They Ran The 1/2 Weekly For Years There And Struggled To Get Cars. Prostocks, Tcs Late Models And Modifieds Were All Run On There At One Time Or Another. They All Struggled For Cars And Competition.

I agree weekly races should be on the 1/4 for the most part. However, I think it would be awesome if once a month they would put at least the Late Models, Mods, and Sportsmans out on the half. I don't know if it would be a good idea to put Bombers or hornets out there but I think those three classes would be neat. Just a thought.

The 1/2 is just to hard on motors for a weekly show that pays $1000 to win. If they upped the purse to $2000 you would get some late model to run the 1/2 on a weekly basis..

Up east alot of the weekly late model tracks are 1/2's and they have no shortage of cars and their purses are'nt any bigger than ours. I don't care what size of track you run every track is hard on motors one way or another. If you buy quality parts and have a good maintenance program your motor should last no matter what size of track you race. Personally we've lost more motors on the bullrings than any where else.

No matter what, the interest in the 1/2 for weekly shows in this area has not been there in some time. I guarantee the car counts will be more running the 1/4 and 3/8 when its done. I believe Kevin thinks that also. He's one of the top racers in this area for years. I trust his judgement.

The best part about the 3/8 in 06 is that if you like the 1/2 you run the top. All KG is going to do is pull the wall in and make a wide ,flat 3/8.

Anyone who has driven the 1/4..will tell you..its bad butt fast. Wait and see what the 1/3 is..wow!

They Don't Call It The Lightning Fast 1/4 For Nothin'! You May Not Get The Mph You Do At A Place Like I55. But, You're On The Gas All The Time Around Tcs' 1/4!

Where is everybody getting this 3/8s crap from? This 06 plan is being announced before the payout even is? Is it in writing, because I havn't seen it. I think that would be queer. Make the half in to a high bank eldora or Beleville Kansas type track. Everybody says it costs too much money to run on the half, racing in general costs too much money and you have to be pretty sick to do it, we're not were we were say 5 years ago. The money spent gets crazier and crazier every year, even though the payout hasn't changed in 20. Revin, take this into consideration, since you will be able to see it from both points of view. You pay more than everybody else and you'll get a hundred cars in each class.

CC-28 said:
You pay more than everybody else and you'll get a hundred cars in each class.

Let's see, that would be, what, 500 cars? Where would he pit that many cars? Boys and girls, the word of the day is hyperbole. His basic point about the purses not keeping up with the cost of racing remains valid, though.

Back