Jacksonville Speedway?

I have heard to many reports, to ignore,that this is the last year of racing at Jacksonville.If the current promoter cant make it work,I dont expect any other can either.I would also assume that racing will come to a halt at Jacksonville.Over the years there has been noise complaints,curfew,fair scheduling,and high rent of the track,lost money by the promoters.If this is what is going to happen,I would hope Shepps would be in line to get the Friday night time slot.I have enjoyed racing at Jacksonville over the years,but the writing is on the wall. If I am premature on this,there ane to many rumors floating around out there to ignore.Anyone hearing the same thing? or am I the only one hearing this?

Current promoter is NOT renewing the contract for next year.I guess nobody else is hearing anything.I must of been the first to know this time.

Why get on here and ask? His number is in the phone book call and ask him.

This is a racing discussion board correct? I'd say he heard something interesting about racing and wanted to discuss it with other race fans, kind of the point of this board isn't it? Unless I'm missing something....
Anyway, to the point at hand. Not sure if this has anything to do with the future of Jacksonville, but Shepps is supposed to announce next years plan this Saturday. They seem pretty eager to make an announcement for next year, perhaps a switch to Friday night? Who knows but we will see when they announce it. Then again, it may have nothing to do with Jacksonville. I've also heard a lot of different things too but we'll just see what happens. It's fun to discuss though, isn't it?

I agree Babbfan

This is a racing discussion board correct? I'd say he heard something interesting about racing and wanted to discuss it with other race fans, kind of the point of this board isn't it? Unless I'm missing something....
Anyway, to the point at hand. Not sure if this has anything to do with the future of Jacksonville, but Shepps is supposed to announce next years plan this Saturday. They seem pretty eager to make an announcement for next year, perhaps a switch to Friday night? Who knows but we will see when they announce it. Then again, it may have nothing to do with Jacksonville. I've also heard a lot of different things too but we'll just see what happens. It's fun to discuss though, isn't it?

Back