Jacksonville Speedway

Why is it every other track other than Jacksonville can post results in a timely manner? Its like they want to keep it a secret.If you werent there it is like who won?,or week old results or possibly no results at all.I would think out of respect for the drivers something would be posted in a timely manner.JMO

Eddie -

Do you want the long answer or short answer? I'll give you the long one. This season the results have been kept on race night by computer and have pretty much been posted by Saturday morning each week. This allows us to have statistical information that fans might find useful in addition to assuring accuracy.

This weekend I was in Chicago with my family, and since I wrote the program and it creates lineups etc., I was afraid that if someone who wasn't overly familiar with it pushed the wrong button, that something would go wrong on race night. Therefore, results were done by hand.

Since I'm the only person with access to the webpage there was no way results would be posted until I returned to town. Upon returning to town Sunday, I learned that the results were taken to an office that wouldn't open until Monday morning. On Monday morning I retrieved the results and then had other obligations the rest of the day. Starting at about 8pm tonight after the kids went to bed, I started entering results into the computer to keep things consistent. At about 10:30 this evening I posted full results on the webpage. Sorry for the delay.

-Ken Dobson

Back