Jacob's not giving up just yet!

pappa of 3 p's

I called a member of the family, and this little man just won't give up. He was given medicine a couple of hours ago and it's working. He is NOT out of the woods yet, but everytime the doc's say we are down to hours, this little tiger fights harder and harder! Before you go to bed tonight please say a prayer for little Jake and the family, I can't imagine the emotion of the up's and down's! And we think we have problems.

I don't know what the next few hours will bring, he has a new tumor in his brain and it caused him to go blind and he was in exteme pain. He was trying to say things but couldn't talk. Now he is able to move moderately and is in alot less pain. I know people have said that with Leukemia the person suffering will get better right before they go, I'm praying that he is a miracle, BUT most important I pray this child does not suffer anymore!

Love and Prayers

We are all so touched by this and i want you to know we are sending our love and prayers to Jacob and his parents. I know the family is suffering to so stay strong ! Jacob, you have been such a trooper and taught many of us some important things. Live life to the fullest and concentrate on the things that are truely IMPORTANT in life. LOVE, FAMILY and LIVING LIFE TO IT'S FULLEST. Thank you for teaching me these things. May God truely bless your soul Jacob, he has you here for a reason. Mom and Dad, stay strong...... LeaDonna

Last I heard he is having convulsions again. If you have not been to his site, here was an update earlier today. maybe after reading it, we might have a small idea of what this courageous family is going through. Again please say a prayer for this child and family. If you have not read the following yet, I will forewarn you that it will put lump in your throat.

Friday, April 2, 2004 5:53 PM CST

This is Jacob's Uncle Ern. After starting the morning off with the good news that Jacob's vitals were the best they've been since he came home, the afternoon took a definite turn for the worse. From what we can tell, the tumor has went to his brain. In about 10 minutes time he went from sitting on the sofa watching tv to non-resposive and crying in pain. It's now about 2 hours since the initial incident and to be honest, we don't expect him to make it through the night. He can no longer see, he tried to talk a couple of times and although you could see his mouth trying to form words, nothing would come out. He even went into what looked like mild convulsions, with his head rocking back and forth on the bed. At this time we don't expect him to make it much longer, and to be perfectly honest, after seeing what he was going through, I'm praying for a quick and painless passing. Even though it looks like our brave soldier is going to lose his long fought battle, I'm still asking for everyone that's been so supportive through all of this to continue with their prayers and support, not only for Jacob, but for the entire family who is now struggling to deal with this great loss. I really don't know what else to say at this time and I'm not going to try to speak for Tina and Tim, but I'm sure when she's able to that she'll be on here to let everyone know what's transpired. As I said before, your prayers and support are still very much needed, even though it may be in a different direction, to help Tina and Tim realize that their wonderful baby is going to be in a better place, without the pain that has become a normal part of his life, and to cope with their lives afterwards.

i just gotta say,that for a little man that most of us,including myself,have never met, this little man has touched ALL of our hearts. i 'm sure i have 100% support in saying we are all pulling for this little man, and praying to God for his well being. go get 'em,Jacob!!

Art, I've got a feeling you are like me right now.. You really don't know what to say or how to say it to express how your gut really feels... Words just don't explain it.. It's gut wrenching.....

I AM ONE OF THOSE WHO HAS NEVER MET JACOB, BUT I FEEL LIKE I KNOW HIM WELL. I SAY A PRAYER FOR HIM EVERYDAY AND HOPE FOR GODS WILL TO BE DONE.

I SPEAK FOR MYSELF, BUT I'M SURE THERE ARE OTHERS WHO WOULD SAY THE SAME. KEEPING UP WITH JACOB'S STORY HAS CAUSED THE LIGHT TO SHINE A LITTLE DIFFERENT ON SITUATIONS. THINGS DEFINITELY HAPPEN FOR A PURPOSE AND JACOB'S HAS BECOME LOUD AND CLEAR!

WE USED A PHRASE FOR MY MOM BACK IN DECEMBER "ANGEL ON EARTH ANGEL IN HEAVEN", I THINK THAT DOES AND WILL APPLY TO JACOB ALSO.

GOD BLESS YOU JACOB.

I have a two year old myself named Jacob & this hits me hard everytime I read about lil Jacob. I cant imagine what this family is going through. God bless lil Jacob & his family.

here is the updated entry from last night by Jacob's uncle Ern.. Things look to have gotten better but we all need to pray harder now more so than ever. May God work his wonders quick for all of our little buddy.

Friday, April 2, 2004 9:42 PM CST

Well, Tina has asked me to update the previous journal. This could be a first, two journals in the same day, but actually this is a postive thing. After the initial scare we had earlier, Jacob has actually leveled out a little. This guy just doesn't know the meaning of the word quit. The medication they gave him worked wonders and now he seems to be resting quietly and has even rolled over a couple of times to give Tina a kiss on the cheek before rolling over to go back to sleep. As usual, Tina and Tim are staying positive throughout the entire ordeal. As strong as they are in their faith, they realize that as long as Jacob has a breath in his body, there is still a chance for the miracle that they've been praying for. Again, everyone's prayers and support are greatly appreciated. Hopefully there might be a third update shortly with even better news.

Boy that is the greatest news,,
I have to say if people dont believe miracles can happen they need to look at Jacob or read his web page to see they really do..
I pray daily for him and like the rest of you I check his site a number of times a day just to see how the lil guy is doing..

Well..got that little guy in our thoughts and prayers too. I think ill see if Tim can do anything at tri city and Chad at Godfrey Speedway can do anything like a collection..or a benefit race.

Jacob u have proven to us that u can take the boy outta the fight, but u can not take the fight outta the boy. We will continue to pray for ur family and u to b strong. Thank u for making so many people realize just how valuable life is and not to take anything for granted. Our prayers r with u.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Jacob

I could only wish to have 1/4 of strength and will that Jacob has. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Jacob. Hang in there little guy.

Back