Jason Ingalls is SUPR victor at Thunder Valley Speedway!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By Istvan Molnar
Glenmora, Louisiana (June 4, 2005) - Jason Ingalls overcame trailer problems en route to the track and an early lead by David Ashley in the feature to take his second O'Reilly SUPR Late Model victory of the season at Thunder Valley Speedway. Jason joined his father, three-time O'Reilly SUPR Champion Doug Ingalls on the Nash Trucking team this season and Jason is still pinching him self to be given such an opportunity. "I need to thank Mike
(Nash) for putting me in such good equipment, to be able to run top notch equipment so that I can run with the guys. And I've got to thank PTS Engines, it's the motor, I can't say enough about it." Ingalls piloted the Nash Trucking/Marshall Lube & Auto Center/PTS Racing Engines Pontiac Grand Prix GRT.

Jason had competed Friday night at Boothill Speedway in an IMCA Modified and finished second against a field of 47 cars. Racing at the IMCA level serves as a confidence booster for Jason but it helped to add to a long but ultimately successful day for the Longview, Texas competitor who didn't wrap up racing until 3:30 a.m. in the morning on Friday night. Then Jason and crew fought tire troubles on their trailer en route to Glenmora, arriving at Thunder Valley Speedway one hour before racing got under way. Once at the track, Jason didn't miss a beat rolling to a heat race win from the second row to earn the B&K Underground Top Qualifier bonus.

In the feature, Ingalls started on the pole but it was Ashley who grabbed the lead at the start of the race. Ashley worked the high side with Ingalls running a lower line and after a few early cautions; Jason was able to roll under Ashley and power to the lead on lap nine. Once out front, Ingalls set the pace and held the field at bay en route to the victory. "It feels good, especially to outrun a field with competition like we've got."

Ashley stayed second for the remainder of the event and in the process; he continued to strengthen his hold on the O'Reilly SUPR Late Model Championship point standings with a 195 point lead over Kenny Merchant.
Merchant was running in the top three battling with Jason and David for the lead when he suddenly started to slide backward with, as it turned out, a broken brake fluid line. A quick dash in the pits and the faulty line was disconnected. Merchant was able to charge back through the field to finish 11th.

Jon Mitchell rolled out a new GRT Race Car, just one race old and recorded a solid third place finish, his best SUPR finish of the season. Ronny Adams held off Bubba Mullins to take fourth with Mullins fifth. Rob Litton charged from 17th to sixth at the finish with Doug Ingalls, Patrik Daniel, Keith Craft and Jody Prince, driving a car borrowed from Billy McDonald rounding out the top 10 and earned the Creel Brothers Hard Charger Award in the process.

26 O'Reilly SUPR Late Models were on hand. Kenny Merchant, Jon Mitchell, Jason Ingalls and David Ashley topped the heat races with Rob Litton racing to the Last Chance win.

Official Results:
1. Jason Ingalls
2. David Ashley
3. Jon Mitchell
4. Ronny Adams
5. Bubba Mullins
6. Rob Litton
7. Doug Ingalls
8. Patrik Daniel
9. Keith Craft
10. Jody Prince
11. Kenny Merchant