Jason Leffler Memorial 10-23-15

Jason Leffler Memorial, a $20,000-to-win event sponsored by Great Clips, will be the largest-paying midget event in 2015. Held October 23rd at Wayne County Speedway, Wayne City, Il all proceeds will go to the Charlie Dean Leffler Discretionary Fund.
The Leffler Memorial was organized by Wayne County Speedway owner Doug Stringer in 2012 to honor his long-time friend who died in a sprint car crash on June 12, 2013. Leffler was 37 and is survived by his five-year old son, Charlie Dean. “This race is my way to honor Jason, who was a great racer, but more importantly a great father to Charlie Dean,” Stringer explained. “As we continue to mourn, we must keep Charlie Dean in the forefront of our minds and do everything we can to ensure he grows up knowing what an amazing person his father was and how much he was respected as both a driver and a friend.”
Stringer has continued to improve and enhance the facilities since purchasing the track in 2012. In 2014, Stringer added more grandstands, an upper deck area, as well as re-conditioning the track surface with new dirt. Previous winners of the event include 2013 and 2014 POWRi Lucas Oil National Midget Series Champion Zach Daum (2013), and 2013 World of Outlaw’s STP Sprint Car Series Champion Daryn Pittman (2014).

Millstadt, IL – The POWRi Speedway Motors 600cc Outlaw Micro Series Cornhusker Nationals event at Wayne County Speedway has been postponed until 2016. Originally scheduled for Sunday, October 11th, the track is still undergoing renovations and won’t be completed in time for Cornhusker Nationals. “In an effort to give everyone that attends Wayne County Speedway the amenities that they deserve, we had to postpone the Cornhusker Nationals,” said track owner Doug Stringer. “The new bleachers are still being constructed, as well as other improvements that will help make these events better. I’d like to apologize to the micro drivers, but tell them this: the event will be back in 2016 and will be better than ever.”

Rodney,
That was the Cornhusker Nationals scheduled for Oct 11th for Micro Sprints..

The Jason Leffler Memorial for October 23rd is on as scheduled...

http://www.racewaynecounty.com/

Wayne County Speedway is pleased to announce the third annual Jason Leffler Memorial race sponsored by Great Clips on Friday, October 23rd at 7 PM. The event is one of the largest purses for a POWRI midget race with a $20,000 payout to the winner. 100% of the front entrance will go to the Charlie Dean Leffler Discretionary Fund. The event will air on MAV TV at a later date.

Admission Prices:

• 6 & under – Free
  • General Admission – $10
  • Pit Pass – $35
  • Driver – $100
Wayne City, IL is on I-64 just east of Mt. Vernon, IL...

leffler.jpg

By Jeff Adams for the Journal Star

Posted Oct. 22, 2015 at 7:38 PM
Updated Oct 22, 2015 at 7:41 PM

The highest paying Midget race in the nation happens Friday night at Wayne County Speedway, near Mount Vernon, with the running of the third annual Great Clips Jason Leffler Memorial. The race is the last in the state of Illinois for 2015.The race is the brainchild of Limestone grad Doug Stringer, a former NASCAR Infinity Series team owner who manages the Great Clips motorsports sponsorships.Stringer currently owns the NHRA Top Fuel Drag Racing team driven by Clay Millican and owns Wayne County Speedway.“I am so proud that all of these people come together to make this a special event,” Stringer said in a telephone interview. “We are really excited to be helping contribute to the Charlie Dean fund, and I want to thank everyone who helps us out and supports this special race.”Jason Leffler died in a racing accident in June 2013 while driving for Stringer and Great Clips, and the race is a benefit for his son, Charlie Dean. All front gate proceeds and the 50/50 go to the Charlie Dean Leffler Discretionary Fund.The race is co-sanctioned by both USAC and POWRi, and Daryn Pittman is the defending race champion. A star-studded field of drivers is expected, including Chili Bowl champ Rico Abreu, Christopher Bell, Zach Daum, Kevin Thomas Jr., Damion Gardner, Bryan Clauson and Tracy Hines, among others. MAV TV cameras will tape the race for showing at a later date.For more information, fans can log on towww.racewaynecountyspeedway.com,www.facebook.com/racewaynecountyspeedway, orwww.powri.com.

It was a great show!!! Kyle Larson was there, commenting he wished he had a ride. Funny quote over the PA, the little kid (with Larson) who picked the winner to be Rico to win $5,000. (!) When he was asked why he chose Rico, he said, "... because I'm taller than he is ...."

Back