Jason Walsh's racecar, truck and trailer stolen

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Last night after the races, Jason Walsh's truck, trailer and street stock was stolen from Soulard. It is a red 2000 Dodge pickup. I'll post pics of his racecar shortly.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

10004027_10152016438246304_1190990642330145011_n.jpg

Second time someone from tri city got their whole gear stolen Makes you not want to have anything anymore Ill keep my eyes out as well

$6,000 reward for the arrest of those responsible.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

This model truck is apparently very easy to break into and steal. Worked with a guy that had one and the cops said they had a lot in the city stolen of the same truck. Good luck, hope it's all found.

Having your car stolen is a real gut punch... but your race car, that's gets personal. 3 race cars and rigs from the same track, almost like someone is casing the place, waiting to spot a victim, following him/her home, and making a move. I would think this is not just a drive by and, "let's steal that race car...." Of course I don't know where it is parked at home or shop and if it is vulnerable at that point. However this is not the kind of vehicle that a pro car theft ring would take. But the thieves must have a well hidden place/garage to hide it quick. Let's face it, that is a good looking race car with a wild paint job, you wouldn't want to be on the road for a long time. It would be a needle in a haystack, but making note of the serial numbers on your parts or stamp ID marks, could get something back, if something sounds familiar/suspicious on craigslist, etc. Put up "Stolen" posters at the race tracks, salvage yards, auto repair, even auto parts dealers (Auto Zone, etc.) may be cool and be willing to put up something for you, more eyeballs that see it the better.

JP

See if soulard has any business that have cameras or stop light cameras maybe get lucky and see a car in front or behind it or maybe get a face or plate to check out. Just a thought . Hope it is found quickly

Apparently someone saw the racecar and trailer Saturday night in the House Springs / Hillsboro area being pulled by a white Ford F250 pickup.

Having your car stolen is a real gut punch... but your race car, that's gets personal. 3 race cars and rigs from the same track, almost like someone is casing the place, waiting to spot a victim, following him/her home, and making a move. I would think this is not just a drive by and, "let's steal that race car...." Of course I don't know where it is parked at home or shop and if it is vulnerable at that point. However this is not the kind of vehicle that a pro car theft ring would take. But the thieves must have a well hidden place/garage to hide it quick. Let's face it, that is a good looking race car with a wild paint job, you wouldn't want to be on the road for a long time. It would be a needle in a haystack, but making note of the serial numbers on your parts or stamp ID marks, could get something back, if something sounds familiar/suspicious on craigslist, etc. Put up "Stolen" posters at the race tracks, salvage yards, auto repair, even auto parts dealers (Auto Zone, etc.) may be cool and be willing to put up something for you, more eyeballs that see it the better.

JP
Great post! It just seems really odd this has happened to 3 people who goto tri city. Ive wondered if someone has been casing the place. Weird as morris's car got stolen early last year as well. The car and trailer probably got sold to someone but someone had to have a buyer lined out Right? Same as morris's car You just dont sell a racecar and trailer over night Its like someone who knows people wanting race stuff is up to all this. As far as the truck it probably will get scrapped Dodges sell good for parts And easy too.

Last edited:

Back