Jeep Van Wormer Debuts New MasterSbilt to Second Place Finish

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(PINCONNING, MICHIGAN) Jeep Van Wormer and the Iron Motorsports team brought a brand new MasterSbilt Race Car to the Florence Speedway in Union, KY last weekend and the debut was very much a success. In the $3,000 to win O’Reilly NARA Battle of the Bluegrass show on Friday night, Jeep ran second in his heat race to transfer to the feature event on the King family owned ½-mile, high-banked oval. Jeep then drove his new Bayline Fire Protection / Globe Technologies / Iron Motorsports #55 MasterSbilt / Cornett Ford Taurus to a strong runner-up performance in the 30-lap feature event.

The Saturday portion of the ‘Spring 50’ weekend did not go nearly as well as the previous night. After a poor qualifying effort, Jeep was caught up in an incident on the backstretch during his heat race that sent him into the tires on the inside of the speedway. The wreck tore up much of the left rear of the car including the rear end and halted any chances of Jeep transferring to the $5,000 to win feature event. Despite the trouble on Saturday night, Jeep still felt good about the new car and the weekend overall.

“I am really excited about the new MasterSbilt car,” stated the young Pinconning, Michigan driver. “I feel as comfortable driving it after two races as I do driving our Warrior cars. When we figure out what adjustments we need to make on the car and when to make them, I think this car is going to be really good. I am glad that the wreck on Saturday night didn’t hurt the frame; we were pretty lucky in that respect.”

The Iron Motorsports team is slated to take this weekend off, but they released their April schedule earlier today. Look for Jeep to hit the following tracks in the near future:
April 8 – Kankakee (IL) Motor Speedway, UMP, $5,000 to win
April 9 – Crown Point (IN) Speedway, UMP, $5,000 to win
April 16 – Eldora (OH) Speedway, ALMS, $2,000 to win
April 23 – Kamp (IN) Motor Speedway, NALMS, $2,500 to win
April 24 – Vermilion County (IL) Speedway, NALMS, $2,500 to win
April 29 – I-96 (MI) Speedway, ALMS, $2,000 to win
April 30 – Crystal (MI) Motor Speedway, ALMS, $2,000 to win

To learn more about the Iron Motorsports team, log onto their official home on the web located at www.jeepvanwormer.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back