Jeep Van Wormer Looks Forward to Season Ender at KLMS this Weekend

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(PINCONNING, MICHIGAN) Iron Motorsports and driver Jeep Van Wormer’s last event of the 2003 campaign will be this coming weekend, when the Bay Line Fire Protection / Miller Bros. Coal #55 Warrior Ford Taurus invades Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway in Calvert City, KY. The Commonwealth Cup is on tap this weekend and Jeep will be competing for the $15,000 top prize. The event is unsanctioned and you can learn more about the event and KLMS by visiting their website at www.klms.com.

Jeep nearly won the UMP Summernationals event earlier this year at KLMS, and hopes to finish the deal when the team returns there this weekend. “We should have won the race there back in July, but I got passed on the last lap because I had no brakes. We finished second, but I feel like we were the best car there and I think we have a great shot at winning this weekend. I like KLMS and I always seem to get around there pretty good.”

The Iron Motorsports team was in action this past weekend at the 23rd Annual Dirt Track World Championship at Bluegrass Speedway in Bardstown, KY. Jeep earned a sixth place starting spot in his heat race on Saturday, but pulled off the speedway due to the lack of passing. The team decided to forego the consolation event on Sunday and return home to Pinconning. The $60,000 to win event, held during the day on Saturday and Sunday, featured virtually no passing.

“We are disappointed about the weekend at the DTWC, but I think all the drivers and fans were too,” said Jeep on Monday. “The best racers in the country were there this weekend and it could have been a great show for everyone, but you can’t race during the day at any track. If I liked follow-the-leader racing, then I would have been at Martinsville last weekend.”

For the latest news and information on Iron Motorsports, log on to www.jeepvanwormer.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications

www.delphcommunications.com

Back