Jeep Van Wormer Wins at I-96, Oakshade Over Weekend

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(PINCONNING, MICHIGAN) Jeep Van Wormer and the Iron Motorsports team had a great Labor Day holiday weekend, as they were able to capture two feature victories along with an additional sixth place finish. Jeep’s busy weekend kicked off on Friday with an event at the I-96 Speedway in Lake Odessa, Michigan. The Pinconning, Michigan driver took the lead early on in the feature event and held off all challenges to record his fourth victory at the speedplant this season. Jeep then drove his Bayline Fire Protection / Services on Site / Globe Technologies #55 MasterSbilt Ford Taurus to an exciting victory the next evening at the Oakshade Raceway in Wauseon, Ohio. Jeep passed race leader Brian Ruhlman on the final circuit to register the $2,000 victory in the Sunoco American Late Model Series (ALMS) event. The ALMS win was Jeep’s fifth series victory of the 2005 campaign.

The Iron Motorsports team rounded out the weekend on Sunday at the Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio. Jeep finished fourth in his heat race, which sent him to the B-Main event. He won that event to gain access to the $2,000 to win ALMS-sanctioned ‘Johnny Appleseed’ feature event. Always being a hard charger at Eldora, Jeep drove his way up through the field to finish a solid sixth in the final rundown. The race at Eldora was the final tune-up for this weekend’s ‘World 100’ at the track dubbed as the “Big E.”

“It was a phenomenal weekend for us, but it probably should have been a little better,” stated the young Wolverine state driver on Tuesday. “Our tire was going down in the heat race at Eldora or we probably would have finished third and transferred to the feature through the heat race. That would have put us on the front row, I think, of the feature. Our car was good enough to win that race, but we just started too far back. But, it still gives us a lot of confidence heading into this weekend’s World 100. The race at Oakshade was awesome between me and Brian (Ruhlman). I got beside of him several times, but I didn’t think I was going to be able to make the winning pass. That race was a lot of fun and the fans had to enjoy that one.”

Jeep and the team will tackle the famed Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio this weekend. The grand-daddy of all Dirt Late Model races takes place this Friday and Saturday at the 1/2-mile, high-banked dirt oval in west-central Ohio and Jeep will be on hand to vie for the annual ‘World 100’ crown. Qualifying for the event will take place on Friday night, with heat races, the B-Main event, and the 100-lap, $38,000 to win ‘World 100’ set for Saturday evening. The latest news and information concerning this event, as well as live updates throughout the weekend, can be found at the official Eldora Speedway website located at www.eldoraspeedway.com.

The Iron Motorsports team will unveil a special ‘World 100’ paint scheme this weekend at Eldora. Jeep did not want to reveal much about the scheme, only that the car would be a mix of black and yellow. “The car will look sharp, but I don’t know if we can top the World 100 car from last year. That spider web got a lot of attention and looked cool. I am afraid that it will be hard to come up with something that will be as appealing as the 2004 car.”

To learn more about the Iron Motorsports team, log onto their home on the web located at www.jeepvanwormer.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back