Jeff Gordon Wins Daytona 500!!

Millsey

Yahoo! Gordon wins it!

Great job Carl Edwards...! He's going to be a great NASCAR driver. He's already doing very well after only a handful of races. Keep up the good work Carl! Rusty finished 10th.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

three time Daytona 500 Champ

Rick Hendrick is a 5 time Daytona 500 champ owner!

Choooo choooo, worse than a blacked up follow-the-leader late model snoozer !!! The best part of the whole race was the vintage footage shown from when they actually were allowed to "race" there.

Waited 4 hours for an awesome 10 minute race. I thought I was watching a race at Belle-Clair, follow the leader(sorry Belleville Fans, no hard feelings). The one thing I have to complain about is the commercial time. If you see good racing going on and you think something big might happen, you Do Not go to a commercial. I don't need all that high tech stuff the Fox and NBC do on the screen. So they play more commercials to pay for that crap. Just do the race and forget all that fancy stuff. And with 20 laps to go, don't run any commercials. NASCAR is getting crazier every year and it ain't getting better.
Screw the resticter plate, let them race!!!!

Gordon Is The MAN

THe only cry baby I seen was poor little Tony Stewart he is the most unselfish sore looser I have seen in Nascar history. Gordon did a great job of racing today and its just the beginning of the 2005 season. :)

flame i agree about stewart but i really hate to see gordon win,i would rather see anyone win than gordon..oh well i dont like nascar racing anyway or any racing on asphalt or pavement for that matter,its like watchin a sunday drive on the freeway only much faster..dirt is for racing asphalts for getting there!!!!!

I Like It When Gordon's Crew Chief Was Talking To Officials About Jr. Laying Back On That Failed Restart. I Guess He Didn't See His Driver Do It Also. If The Caution Hadn't Came Out On That Start. Gordon Would Have Had The Lead. Because He Was In The Process Of Going Around Stewart When The Yellow Came Back Out. Becuase He Had A Run On Tony Because He Was Laying Back.

Anyone Else Notice Jimmie Johnson Gets Together With A Lot Of Guys And Its Never His Fault???? Guess He Wants To Be Just Like His Car Owner When He Grows Up.

I'm not quite sure why some of you people are so in love with Earnhardt. He's alright but I'd put him in the same category as Kurt Busch in likeability.

Anybody But Gordon And His Son Jimmy

I wouldn't mind seeing Jeffy win only if he was sliding across the finish line ON HIS ROOF!

Tony Steward just plain beat himself! It was his race to lose and he lost!

Jimmy Johnson can't be at fault for anything. Remember, he is a "clone" to the sports biggest cry baby - Jeffy!

At first I thought it was the academy awards but then realized it was pre-race hype. That might be okay for the fans that got to the track early in the morning but for TV- who gives a sh--!

I think they should change the name from the Daytona 500 to the Daytona 25 Lap Shootout. Other than a couple of "usual restrictor plate" mishaps, it was a boring race until the last 25 or so laps.

When they went to that one commercial I told my wife that we were going to miss one of the biggest accidents in the race and sure enough . . . we did!

Oh well . . . it is on to California which is good. I won't have to waste my time watching the race. I can see the results in the newspaper and can still mess around in my workshop and enjoy myself.

Talk about clones. Look at our past two champions. Mealy mouthed nerdy butter woulndn't melt in my mouth candy a**es. At least Earnhardt Jr. and Stewart have the cajones to tell it like it is. And Gordon why that piece of fluff is just awesome. :eek:

Millsey said:
I'm not quite sure why some of you people are so in love with Earnhardt. He's alright but I'd put him in the same category as Kurt Busch in likeability.

WELL MILLSEY, I CAN TELL YOU EXACTLY WHY I LIKE HIM. FIRST OFF I LIKED HIS OLD MAN. JR. IS ABOUT AS CLOSE TO BIG E AS WE HAVE ANYMORE. BESIDES MAYBE T-STEW. 2ND, I JUST THINK HE'S COOL. DOESN'T TRY AS HARD AS ALL THE OTHERS TO BE SO "NASCAR CORRECT"! HIS INTERVIEWS DON'T SEEM SCRIPTED. ANOTHER WORDS, HIS REDNECK STILL SHOWS THROUGH! I CAN RELATE CUZ I'M A REDNECK TOOOOOO! NOT TO MENTION HE IS A HELLUVA RACE CAR DRIVER!

right on pit...earnheart jr is plain and simple the man..now jeff on the other hand,he is the man with wo in front of it,by the way millsey we really dont know why alot of poeple are so in love with gordon..from what i heard dale jr had a ****ty car and still pulled of a third..as far as stewart,i dont like him as a person but i admire his attitude and he as well is a hell of a driver.he dont let nascar nor anyone else push him around,we need more of that!!!!!!

Mike Waltrip said after he pulled off the Gordon had the car, he was right. I agree gordon can be a cry baby, but tony stewart is the biggest one ive ever seen. I swear it seems like every race i watch he is getting into it with someone when things dont go his way. I personally think Kasey Kahne is going to be a big contender this year. He had a few bad breaks sunday in the pits and an incident in the wall late or he would have been up front.

Back