Jefferson County speedway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar1

Just got texted, there is a huge car count. Hope they get it in.

They had at last count 125 cars showing up tonight. even the hornets had a A-Main and B-main race. there was at lease 3 heats per class. and the seats were filled. Great show tonight.

The track was awsome Yes I would go back!!! Sounds like another tri city

Lets take a look at the car counts

UMP Latemodels - - around 25
UMP Modifieds - - 26 - 27
C.A.R.S. Latemodels 27- 28
UMP Street Stock around 25 -26
Hornets - 30 - 35

Lets take some time and say what all tracks split up the hornets so they all can race for money, well they did. a main and bmain was pretty cool all cars got there money back.

Also they had Dash for cash for the Latemodels and the Modifieds!!!

Hope to hear all of your thoughts i think for new promotors and a new towing service i think they done one Hell of a job. Yes there is some spots that they need to give a little improvement but still i think i have found me a weekly track!!!!

they really had the chks screwed up!! We got tired of waiting after around 1 am we just left!!

yeah, around 1:30 i got my check. and i picked up mike dearing's, too. we had to wait forever. i went and got a lawn chair, actually. mike, ill bring you your check to tri city friday, and thanks for passin me clean lol. :]
-KE

Jefferson County Raceway ****S!!!

The night wasn't too bad until they got to the Crate feature!!!They ran three actual laps while the yellow light was on, they didn't have a clue what spots to put people, they had 'em scattered everywhere, they looked like a bunch of idiots!!!Not only that, after the race they had screwed up a bunch of peoples checks, if i saw 1 person go to the tower i saw about 30....Overall it was an o.k. race and extremely POOR management...

i thought for the first night things went well better then i thought they would yes some things need some work and some things need alot of work but for a group of people that never ran a track till tonight i thought they they did a good job give them a couple of weeks and im sure they will fix they spots that need worked on rome was not built in a day so give them a chance its going to get better good job guys and thanks for giving us a place to race on sunday i know u will make things better c ya all nexy sunday

Not to be negative but,

There's no way we can race on a Sunday night, end at 12:00, get checks at 1:30 am, and make it to work Monday morning (maybe that's just me).
Big hole between turns 3-4.
Can't hear PA in pits.
Need to expand pits if they're going to get 130 cars each night.
Getting cars lined up after a caution was a fiasco.
Of course, I rolled 2 right fronts off the rims, so maybe I'm a bit cynical.
Still glad they're open, but can we move CCS closer to Nashville, IL?

Considering the huge turnout on their first night I thought they did an excellent job. Not everything runs smoothly on the first try and I think everyone knows that! Instead of complaining offer constructive suggestions for improvement. We will definitely be going back. That was some of the best racing I have seen in awhile. AS FAR AS YOUR CHECKS ARE CONCERNED THEY CAN BE MAILED. WILL ONLY TAKE A FEW DAYS TO GET THEM. Lets try to make this racetrack better by offering positive comments and helping to solve the negative!

You're right...

Let's try this...
I am very pleased that the track is open. Much closer to home.
If they can work a little harder to keep the show moving, it would be great. I think the tow truck drivers need to react a little quicker to remove broken cars from the track. And if they added a speaker or two in the pits, that may help things along as well. Next time I will have them mail the check, good idea. I know of one modified that broke something in the hole in 3 & 4, so fixing that would be cool.
Hope this is more constructive. Sorry for previous note. Still frustrated with tires rolling off my rims.

it was a good track untill it got away from them way to dusty, they have a nice water truck just need to use it alot more. they need more tow trucks and what the hell was with the food being COLD. the spin rule wasnt in effect, and y was it when a guy got spun he had to go to the back.

i think they did a good job for there first night ya some things need worked out but hey they will get it worked out as far as the track it was not to bad for the first night there is a lot of tracks that were not rill smooth and dusty the first few nights this was just the first night guys give them a chance things will get better 130 cars is a lot of cars to run in one night and u can only go so fast if pepole would just hang in there and be positive at least its open it could be a parking lot for mobile homes that was the other option im glad sneeds steped up and are making an efert at doing it see every one next week

*****ing

You know for a long time I read posting hoping this speedway would open back up, and the very first night they do, a lot of you people have to slam them for the way they ran the night. I do believe that advise on different things can go along way to help this track and crew grow. But you know what you guys that *****, well we didn't see any of you folks stepping up to get this show underway, and you know what given the chance you more than likely wouldn't do it either, just looking for someone to ***** about. Well let me tell you folks this is not a perfect world and if you feel you are living in one be careful because at sometime someone will burst that bubble your living in. I am sure they didnt expect the turn out they had and will adjust for it in the future, as far as the late night I do agree, we need to head home a lot earlier, I am over an hour away. So all we have to do is start early in the afternoon. I will close by saying this and I have said it many times before and some of you just are not listening, you have a choice to go and do what ever you want, the Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, and Air Force has made it that way for all of us, this is a free country, and yes you can say what you want, freedom of speech. But you know what when you ***** about everything you bring people down and they don't want to open tracks like this.

If you are not part of the soulution then you are the PROBLEM!!!!!!

Think about it, guys good job last night at the speedway, things I know will get a lot better, but you did good your first night out, keep up the good work and thanks for opening this track up to the people that wanted it. My advise to you since you run the show and weed out the bad seeds and send them a packing to find another track to run there junk at and ***** about.

Give Them A Break, Flaming Them On Their 1st Night Is Rediculous. But I Wouldn't Expect Anything Less From The Whinebags On This Site.

Congrats to the Jeremy Sneed and thanks for the many noticeable changes to Jefferson County Raceway. The infield was awesome (dry). It was great to see a new American flag waving. A new back wall and clean restrooms very nicely done. But for your scorers they really did ****.

The only things I would suggest is weed eating the back and getting some one in the tower that can at least count laps.

Awesome job.

Did you see the promoter in the stands?

No, he would have been covered in dust. For farmers, they need to learn about DIRT! I can't think of anything good to say, Track -bad, payout-joke, flagman-joke, rules- why have them? The biggest thing I seen that I learned along time ago- YOU HAVE TO HAVE GOOD SCORERS, BRING BACK THE OTHERS! cAME FROM DECATUR AND GOT HOME AT 4:30, WON'T EVER HAPPEN AGAIN!

Not to say I told you so, but. . . .

I understand that first nights are sometimes bad, I have seen my share, but starting a whole new venture with a whole new crew was insane to start with. I understand wanting to distance yourself from the past management but to throw away the best parts of the operation along with the worst parts was an idea looking for failure. On the bright side the car count will dwindle and become more easily managed. It was the first night and people were courious, most everyone else was rained out and Fayette County Speedway
(which will also run on Sunday this year) isn't opening until the 1st part of July. And no matter how much work you do to a track that has lain fallow for this long, you will have bugs to work out. I do hope they get it right because the track needs to be open, far too many are closing, but they could have made it so much easier on themselves if they had just listened to the people who told them a new crew was not the answer. And I know I am not the only one.

They every opprutunity to make a lasting impression on 134 drivers!

And they did. My impression was if you haven't raced in a week and it is raining everywhere but in Mt. Vernon, GO FISHING! My nephew drew a 34 and Joe Reed drew a 40 and started two rows in front of my nephew???????? My 1st grade daughter knows that ain't right, but when we told the officials they said we cant do anything now! 8 minute heats and 20 minute features? The caution flag laps would have easily ate up that time, so it's a good thing they didn't follow that! We wouldn't have got to see any races! And when I say we, I mean all 13 of us that came from Decatur and 6 of those were pit passes! 25.00 for 7th in the Hornet feature, and 40 for 7th in the SS Feature. Everyone should buy a hornet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back