jim jomes race engines

BB&L Racing

jim jones race engines

does any one know how to get ahold of this chump he sold us a piece of sh*t and does not and will not call back to make things right any help would be greatly appreciated thanks it is not that he sold us junk he sold us what we did not need, now i am that much smarter and we have a bomber engine in a mod class hmm.... wonder if that is why we are always in the back if any one is looking for a bomber engine look in class. adds.

motor

Jim Jones is located in Indianapolis, IN and the phone # we have is apparently not the right # since he is not returning our calls. You would think that someone who is in business of selling race engines would return your calls. I know he will be at the Craftsman Truck Nascar race at Gateway International Raceway July 16th & 17th since he owns I believe the #99 truck. Oh well, since I have tickets and infield passes guess I'll wait until then.......to settle up on the motor.

truck

yes roush owns one of the 99 trucks but he (jim jones) owns a 99 also it is the onw with no sponsors i think actually i know he ran datona when the race season started and asked me to run the truck at gateway when the trauck searies comes here but i dont think so now

sorry Jim you screwed me to good i dont want no more to do with you or the racing that involves you but thanks for the offer

WOW

did they mean let you drive the hauler?

just a little advice: getting on here and completely dogging a business might make other businesses shy away from doing work for you............

No kiddin to bash someone and there work isn't right. What were you told that you were getting or did you just say i need a good running 355? Maybe the guy misunder stood what you were needing. Try talking to the guy about it before you knock him and his work. Granted the motor didn't blow up so appartently the motor ran fine but just didn't have the ponies you need. J/M/O.

he is obviously an engine builder ask him to do some head work and match port the heads and bore it out some more you bore it out more you get more CI dont know if you know this or not but i'm tryin to help ya here and is it technically a bomber motor or is there a set up problem to where you cant push the gas?

well hmmm

first i told him we where new to the seen he tryed to talk me out of jumping into the mod devision under stood why but i had mind made up that is what i wanted and that is what i am doing told him i needed a engine to be compatative in that class told him we had nothing to go under the hood of the car and that is what we where missing to get going then stated he had something for us and it was i "11-1 or 12-2 comprssion in it i just pulled it off the dino" this engine we bought is a dam good bomber motor and that is it and nothing more and about the talking to the guy well that is a whole diffrent story no the motor is not bad but it is for our class wee have tryed to call him left several messages mail certified letters to him and thay have all came back as refused to sign i have had an attny to call him and still nothing so you take it how you want to i am taking it as he knows he laughed all the way to the bank after i left his shop but all well hope he enjoyed it it will not happen again not from me any way

tweaked

thank you tweaked and yes it is a bomber engine have taken it to dean at lzr and several other shops and asked them what it was and all have said that it is not a motor that belongs in a modified car it should eather be in a pick up or a street stock class we have went to hoffman he is builing us a engine as a matter of fact we hope to have it in by saterday night for the highland race but i thank bellville will be pushing to hard

idk if this is right or not but i believe dean hoffman has/had a policy where if you blew an lzr motor on accident he would replace it for nothin i dont know if this is correct or not but i've heard it somewhere lol just cant remember where. dean is a damn good guy and knows his stuff he's real easy to do bussiness with. hope you have better luck with lzr.

just a thought on the matter

i am not doggin jim jone race engine he did build a good engine for us it has held up so far for us but it kinda makes me mad and upset with bill of goods he sold and will not return phone calls and refuses to take a letter to correct the problem or shed some insit one the engine hell i dont know what cam is even in the engine i guess what i am "dogging" is how he is doing bussiness maybe that is the way i should have said it the guy that refured me to him won just a few weeks ago in highland so that tells a little about him but like i said in a previous message if he sold us a mod engine then why does he not call us back and why are other people saying we bought a bomber engine or a bill of goods even if i bought something for the modified class why am i spending another 4000 for the upper end of the engine (carb, intake, and so on) if the stuff he sold us was for the class we are racing why cant i transfer it to the same engine but (more balls) why cant he return phone calls or just sign his name to a peice of paper is it that he is to bussy and dont care or is it that he did in fact laugh to the bank when i loaded the engine up i beleave it is a little of both not dogging engine but the why he is avoiding us

Wow, I think another guy told you that a couple of months ago. I hope you got some real fuel line also. He didn't rip you off, he just took advantage of you, which half of the people you deal with will. Geared accordingly, that motor would have been enough to survive and get a feel for the car. 530 horse? Not a chance. Not good business, but this is racing, its not like he's going to give your money back or anything. If Dean is porting your heads and intake, you'll get about 550, with roller 575. Run Alky.

cc who said that

lol who told me that,
that is the reason i am posting these messages is for the next guy that goes to him to watch and make sure he sells what he says he is selling to them like i said earlier good engine yes i beleave it will make one hell of a bomber engine but in the mad class yes it gave the feel for the car and that is about it i am tired of running in the back now and no i dont expect money back i just want him to call so i can find why he had to tell a story to sell the engine in the first place and also to find out (with out tearing engine apart) what is in the block so i can sell it to a street stock driver but i cant even get him to the phone and or the mail man so all well right should have car running in bellville tomarrow with new engine (fingers crossed)

You are going to be hard pressed to find ANY engine builder that will "make it right" after you use the engine for most of a season(11 nights).

engine

I have on paper what this motor is supposed to be running at
RPM wise and it can't even do that. If you own a business you should not avoid your customers snd you should do EVERYTHING within your power to make it RIGHT, which includes answering your telephone!!!! So, enough said.....I was just warning others that if you do business with Jim Jones Racing Engines BEWARE!!!!!!

Hey Jimmy Cummins.....I meant drive the truck not the hauler......Why aren't you at Belleville anymore??

Back