Jimmy Mars Concludes Stellar 2009 Season with Sin City Sweep

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(MENOMONIE, WISCONSIN) Jimmy Mars and his #28 Dirt Late Model team trekked west over the November 20-21 weekend to the state-of-the-art Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Las Vegas, Nevada for the 'Silver State DIRTcar Championship.' The two-day show in Sin City wrapped up the stellar 2009 racing season for the Mars Racing team. In addition to celebrating their terrific campaign in Las Vegas, they also recorded their eighteenth and nineteenth victories of the year!

In the $1,000 to win preliminary event on Friday night, Jimmy won his heat race to earn the fourth starting spot in the A-Main. The Menomonie, Wisconsin native wheeled his #28 MB Customs / Pro Power entry to the front early in the 20-lap race and never looked back in defeating Chris Shannon, Trevor Glaser, Bobby Hogge IV, and Brad Pounds.

On Saturday evening, Jimmy finished second in the dash to earn the outside front row starting spot in the 50-lap 'Silver State DIRTcar Championship' finale. The driver known as the "Iceman" led most of the exciting race and out dueled Trevor Glaser in the waning laps to pocket the $5,000 top prize ahead of Glaser, Eddie Kirchoff, A.J. Kirkpatrick, and Bobby Hogge IV. You can view complete results from LVMS by pointing your web browser to www.lvms.com.

"It was an awesome way to end our 2009 season," quoted Mars today via telephone. "We went out to Las Vegas to enjoy ourselves a little bit, but yet focus on winning a couple of races. Those West Coast guys didn't hand it to us, as we had to work really hard each night and hopefully the fans enjoyed the two shows. I have to thank Dave Deppe and all of my great sponsors, my crew, my family, and everybody that has supported Mars Racing this season and in the past. It was a great year for us and I am already looking forward to Arizona in January!"

2009 was indeed a record-breaking season for the Mars Racing team! Jimmy became the first Dirt Late Model driver EVER to win three $50,000 to win races in a single year, as he reached victory lane in the 'USA Nationals' at the Cedar Lake Speedway in New Richmond, Wisconsin, the 'North/South 100' at the Florence Speedway in Union Kentucky, and the renowned 'Dirt Track World Championship' at the Lawrenceburg Speedway in Lawrenceburg, Indiana. In all, Jimmy amassed nineteen victories, thirty-six Top Five finishes, and thirty-seven Top Ten performances in the forty-six events that he entered in 2009.

A list of accomplishments for the year is noted below:
* $50,000 Victory in 'USA Nationals' at the Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway
* $50,000 Victory in 'North/South 100' at the Florence (KY) Speedway
* $50,000 Victory in 'Dirt Track World Championship' at the Lawrenceburg (IN) Speedway
* $30,000 Victory in 'Firecracker 100' at the Lernerville (PA) Speedway
* $10,000 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Victory at the Bedford (PA) Speedway
* $10,000 'Prairie Dirt Classic' Victory at the Fairbury (IL) Speedway
* $7,000 'Dodge Ram 50' Victory at the Tri-City (IL) Speedway
* $5,000 WDRL Series Victory at the Superior (WI) Speedway
* $5,000 'Silver State Championship' Victory at the Las Vegas (NV) Motor Speedway
* Two $5,000 WDRL Series Victories at the Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway
* Finished Second in $40,000 'Show-Me 100' at the West Plains (MO) Motor Speedway
* Finished Third in $40,000 'Topless 100' at the Batesville (AR) Motor Speedway
* Finished Fourth in $100,000 'Dream 100' at the Eldora (OH) Speedway
* Finished Fourth in $30,000 'Diamond Nationals' at the Lucas Oil (MO) Speedway
* Finished Fourth in $20,000 'Illini 100' at the Farmer City (IL) Raceway

Mars Racing would like to thank all of their supporters including: Deppe Enterprises, T.L. Sinz Plumbing, ESSI Motorsports, Keyes Chevytown, Baileigh Industrial, Pro Power Racing Engines, MasterSbilt Race Cars, Jimmy's Pub, Allstar Performance, Beyea Headers, BSB Manufacturing, Buzz Signs & Graphics, Champ Pans, CMD Shocks, Delph Communications, Hoosier Racing Tires, ISC Racers Tape, JE Pistons, Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil, Joe Provo Race Wear, Manley Performance, Sweet Mfg., VP Racing Fuels, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Wiles Driveshafts, and Wilwood.

Keep up all year long with all of the latest news and information concerning the Jimmy Mars Racing team at www.jimmymarsracing.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back