Jimmy Mars Conquers USA Nationals for Second Time; Florence Up Next

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(MENOMONIE, WISCONSIN) Jimmy Mars captured his second 'USA Nationals' victory over the weekend at the renowned Cedar Lake Speedway in New Richmond, Wisconsin! Following a sub par qualifying effort on Friday night, July 31, Jimmy turned up the wick during his heat race, as he advanced from his eighth starting spot to finish second. The strong heat race run placed the Menomonie, Wisconsin driver ninth on the starting grid for Saturday's 100-lap 'USA Nationals.'

In front of a huge crowd on Saturday at CLS, Jimmy immediately started his march towards the front of the stout field in the feature. He quickly moved up to the third position and set his sights on leader Tim Fuller and second place runner Tim McCreadie. After disposing of McCreadie, Jimmy finally grabbed the top spot from Fuller with a bold outside move in turn one of the fifty-seventh circuit. He then held the field at bay throughout the remainder of the 'USA Nationals' to claim the $50,000 top prize over Tim Fuller, Tim McCreadie, Brian Birkhofer, and Chris Madden.

Earlier in the busy weekend, a $5,000 to win World Dirt Racing League (WDRL) program was held at Cedar Lake on Thursday evening, July 30. Jimmy set fast time during qualifying and later won his heat race. After running third in the dash, Jimmy finished a strong third in the 50-lap main event behind winner Tim Fuller and runner-up Tim McCreadie. You can view complete results, as well as video footage from the 'USA Nationals' weekend by accessing www.dirtondirt.com.

"It was an emotional victory at Cedar Lake and something that myself, my brother Chris, and the entire team have worked really hard to achieve," commented Mars today. "It seems like something always happens to us at the USA Nationals or we come close to winning it, but we haven't closed the deal at that race since 1996. I knew the track was rubbering up and I only had a lap or two window to pass (Tim) Fuller for the lead. Fortunately, the car stuck on the outside and I was able to get by cleanly. It is so hard to win one of these big races and I couldn't do it without the help of my brother, crew, family, sponsors, and everyone that supports our race team!"

The Mars Racing team will now turn their focus to another $50,000 to win crown jewel event... the 'North/South 100' at the Florence Speedway in Union, Kentucky. The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series will sanction the mega-event, which will be taped by the cameras of the SPEED Channel. Qualifying will take place at the 1/2-mile, high-banked venue on Friday, August 7, while heat races, consolation events, and the 100-lap A-Main will headline the racing action on Saturday, August 8. You can learn more about this year's version of the 'North/South 100' by pointing your web browser to www.lucasdirt.com.

Mars Racing would like to thank all of their supporters including: Deppe Enterprises, T.L. Sinz Plumbing, ESSI Motorsports, Keyes Chevytown, Baileigh Industrial, Pro Power Racing Engines, MasterSbilt Race Cars, Jimmy's Pub, Allstar Performance, Beyea Headers, BSB Manufacturing, Buzz Signs & Graphics, Champ Pans, CMD Shocks, Delph Communications, Hoosier Racing Tires, ISC Racers Tape, JE Pistons, Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil, Joe Provo Race Wear, Manley Performance, Sweet Mfg., VP Racing Fuels, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Wiles Driveshafts, and Wilwood.

Keep up all year long with all of the latest news and information concerning the Jimmy Mars Racing team at www.jimmymarsracing.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back