Jimmy Mars Has Rough Weekend in the Wild, Wild West

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(Elk Mound, WI) Jimmy Mars had an up-and-down weekend this past weekend at Central Arizona Raceway, located in Coolidge, AZ. He was behind the wheel of fellow Badger driver Steve Isenberg’s #9I MasterSbilt racecar. Jimmy started out the weekend on Saturday by winning his heat race in convincing fashion from the third starting position. This guaranteed him a starting position in the front three rows for the $10,000 feature event on Sunday. The front three rows were to be determined by a dash, which featured all six heat race winners. Jimmy rolled off third for the dash held before the feature on Sunday and that is where Jimmy’s weekend turned for the worse. A blown motor on the first lap of the dash cost him the chance to possibly win the dash and the feature event. Jimmy and Steve Isenberg’s team were forced to load up and forfeit their starting position in the A-main because of the ailing power plant.

“The car was super fast all weekend and I think we had a great shot to win both the dash and the race,” said Jimmy from his shop today. “I would just like to thank Steve and the rest of the team for putting a great car underneath me and giving me the opportunity to go out there and race. Hopefully, we can put the bad luck behind us before we get to East Bay next week for the Winternationals.”

Jimmy will compete in all six events held at East Bay Raceway in Gibsonton, FL from February 3-8. Three of the shows will be run under the Renegade DirtCar Series banner and the remaining shows will be Xtreme DirtCar Series events. The week is capped off on Saturday night with a $15,000 Xtreme race, which will be taped by the SPEED channel to be aired on later dates. Log onto www.jimmymarsracing.com all year long to keep up with the latest news and schedule information for Jimmy Mars Racing.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications www.delphcommunications.com

Back