jon henry

mvalentine

Just a question. When Jimmy announce that you saw him pulling in last weekend at Tri I was excited to see what he had. For being ranked #4 in points, he sure didn't show me anything. Slow in time trials & no better in the races he ran. Was anything wrong or is he #4 because of racing slower competition. Babb & some of the locals made him look like he was sitting still.

He wins a lot in Ohio... He is good at Eldora (made World 100 field) and at Oakshade and Attica. First ever visit to Tri-City and he struggled. But he did set fast time on night 1 at Tri-City.

Yes, as Jimmy said he did set fast time over all last Thursday.. I believe his front bumper caught the cousin in 1&2 folding the front nose under. Had to finish with a dnf because of that in the feature.

like they have said, he is a pretty good driver.....but i have to say, no matter where you are ranked in ump points, that dont mean youre that good.....jmo

You are not 4th in points cause your slow. I sat and talked with the instructor of the UNOH guys at Pevely that night they were there. He told me the dirt we run on compared to what they are used to is so much different than what they are used to and unpredictable. Also said of all the tracks they have run at, we also have the most competion in the area they have ever seen. Pound for pound some of the toughest competion he has seen as a whole for weekly competion. I would have to agree on his statements he made. In my mind if you gave Henry a good month to run at the track, Im sure he would be a contender. He is no slouch. Like Jimmy said, he made the World and that is a complement itself. At least he tryed.

Very well said!

you are not 4th in points cause your slow. I sat and talked with the instructor of the unoh guys at pevely that night they were there. He told me the dirt we run on compared to what they are used to is so much different than what they are used to and unpredictable. Also said of all the tracks they have run at, we also have the most competion in the area they have ever seen. Pound for pound some of the toughest competion he has seen as a whole for weekly competion. I would have to agree on his statements he made. In my mind if you gave henry a good month to run at the track, im sure he would be a contender. He is no slouch. Like jimmy said, he made the world and that is a complement itself. At least he tryed.

i wasn't trying to say he was chump or something & i didn't make it thurs where he did
good, but fri & sat he was a non factor & i was looking for somebody in Babb's class
& those days he wasn't, but seems odd his best day was thurs if learning the track
was the problem, but I know making the world @ the big E isn't easy

I don`t think anyone was thinking you was saying he was a chump i think they was just giving you some insight. Hope you didn`t take it that was.

rodney-no i didn't take any ofense at all, especially from you- i can tell
your a class guy. i appreciate the input from all & was just looking at it
from a fan's view. last fri & sat were great race nights filled w/action &
drama. for $18 per night it was bargain.

Back