July 22 Results from Mighty Macon Speedway

Pops15

UMP Late model feature

1. Jayme Zider
2. Kyle Logue
3. Jason Cleaver
4. Terry Babb
5. Mike Fawns

Jayme Zidar patiently worked both the low and high grooves on his way to the win.
Mike Fawns and Greg Kimmons were side by side with Fawns taking fifth by about a foot. Butch Smith made his first trip to the track this season and I believe he finished 7th running on the high side.

UMP Modified feature

1. Kyle Logue
2. Todd Kirkland
3. Dennis Vandermersch
4. Jim Leka
5. Danny Smith

Kyle Logue had some tough luck last week but rebounded with a win in the UMP Modified feature. Todd Kirkland had a very impessive run coming home second. I've got to say the return of the #45 modified was popular with the fans at the World's Fastest 1/5 Mile Speedway.
Jim Leka worked his way from deep in the pack to pull out a strong 4th place finish.

UMP Sportsman feature

1. Norm Wood
2. Gregg Kimmons
3. Shane Tomlin
4. Dave Smith
5. Jeff Graham

It looked like it was going to be all Kimmons and Tomlin in the UMP Sportsman class early in the season. Things have really heated up lately. Jeff Graham picked up his first feature win of the year last week and Norm Wood got his first Macon feature this week.
Some of the best racing to be seen anywhere has been in the UMP Sportsman class at Macon this year.

UMP Street stock feature

1. Blake Shelly
2. Larry Russell
3. Roy Magee
4. Jim Cardoni
5. Roger Boarman

Blake Shelly picked up his third UMP Street Stock feature of the season over a hard charging Bub Russell. Roy Magee had another strong run coming home third.

Hornet feature

1. Joe Reed
2. Bruce Dulgar
3. Tom Eskew
4. Tom Bennett
5. James Hardins

Fast Joe Reed dedicated his feature win to his late Aunt Phyllis.
Bruce Dulger and Tom Eskew had raced hard for the second spot, with Tom Bennett coming home fourth in his new car.

Hats off to the track crew. As usual the track was smooth as silk.
Great job by the drivers too. There were very few cautions again this week!

There were 14 or 15 late models. Total car count was in the mid to 90's, and yes Butch drove a good race. Passed several cars and didn't put a scratch on the car.

Well im just going off what they reported to H&R, but

we all know you know more than the people at the track!

Dont get your panties in a bunch GREG!!!

I never said the 11 Late Models didn't put on a great show for all 47 fans! I know the track prep Poops15 always talks about was at a premium too, as the fast qualifier was 11.5 and 2nd thru 11th was 12.2 or worse, with the record being 10.5!!!!! I would like to know where you got mid 90s? Were you counting the fan's cars in the parking lot too? 11 L.M., 14 Sportsman, 16 Street Stocks and 23 Mods, and what 30 or so hornets, but no semi? Someone's math is bad! So I'll say it again, good job Butch! Lincoln is taking 2 weeks off so Donnie can get all that money counted, so you guys may get a couple extra cars!

Track prep was great. Smooth as silk and multi groove. Was it the fastest track? No, but it was like you told me how you lik it.....shiny black, top to bottom.
As for the car count I may be off a car or two but I believe the actual number was 93 cars. Average car counts have been running in the mid 90's all season.
You sure throw around alot of numbers about Macon for a guy that doesn't even go there.

Multi groove?????????

You must have been at another track cuz everyone I talked to said if you got off the bottom, you lost 2 or 3 spots! Said it was slick in qualifying, and got worse from there, but hey the main thing is he didnt cut the pay 2 weeks in a row, so I guess that's a plus, huh?

Hornets
hornets722.jpg

UMP Street Stocks
streetstock722.jpg

UMP Sportsman
sportsman722.jpg

UMP Modifieds
modifieds722.jpg

UMP Late Models
latemodels722.jpg

You must be talking to the wrong people!

OK, lets go pic by pic

First one Joe Reed passing lapped cars in a hornet,second is what 12 thru 16th in the street stocks, next is Norm lapping cars that got out of the groove, and last is Zydar lapping some guy that probably wont be back. But every picture you showed does prove that their really were only 47 people in the stands!!!! I really just have one question, will you keep coming back after Bob Sargent puts Ryan in there??????????????? Also, will you still be the top PR guy for the track or are you going to the PR for Terry's diner???????????

J/Smooth-Pr

DID I miss something here? :confused: Why are you being such a Jerk? If you have a personal issue with these people why not P.M. them about it. But I really hate to see you bash A TRACK or the cars or the people for that go there for that matter. All your post are taunting and antagonictic. What gives man? Just a person that is curious.

Lisa Jones

Picture one.
Joe Reed racing for the lead!
Picture Two:
3rd place on back in the SS feature.
Picture 3:
Norm Wood, Shane Tomlin, Jeff Moe.....all good drivers in fast cars.
Picture 4:
Todd Kirkland racing hard for the lead on the outside of eventual winner Kyle Logue.
Picture 5:
Zidar taking a spot (probably 4th) on the low side before moving to the top to take the lead. The car he is racing with in the picture is Mike Fawns who has been running there recently.

I am not the PR guy for the track. Just a fan that drives 274 mile round trip every week to see some damn good racing. I don't forsee a change in management anytime soon. I will return as long as the racing warrants it.
I don't know anything about Terry's diner other than the promoter's wife runs it. As for the crowd. I know the number of fans the track draws. Its not alot, but its more than many tracks draw.....even more than the next closest Saturday night track.

Nothing, nothing at all!

I just said good job Butch and Poops got all upset like he used to on another website, and now he has decided to come here with these silly posts like the people from the St. Louis area would actually drive by all their great tracks to come to the toilet bowl! Do I like the track, love it, do I like the person who runs it, not exactly! But I unlike Poops call it like I see it, he is sugar coating every thing he said, multi grooved, what a JOKE! 3 of the 4 pics involved the leader who is in the process of lapping a car that just got the moveover flag. The other is of some guys who are getting ready to get it! Who won 3 of the four features, the pole sitter! The other winner booted the polesitter! I am sorry if I offended you Lisa, but here is my take on multi- grooved, Doug Hobbs and Kelly Kouski raced side by side for 15 of the 20 lap MOD feature (one on top, one on botttom) and Brian Lynn started dead last and ran second to Kouski after passing the 3rd and 4th place cars on the last lap! In the Strret stock feature the winner started dead last! Sportsman, Macklin passed Crawley and Wes Odell(no easy task ever) to win. That is MULTI GROOVED, not when you get the move over flag cuz the leader is lapping you, or when you are racing for 10th or so on back! Fans are watching the leaders and they want to see passing up front, not CHOO CHOO! You want to see Multi-grooved and easy on your equipment, go to Lincoln! You want to see a sugar coated phony story, go to Poops website www.richiesboy.com!

Better than the next closest track?

And you would know this cuz you what? Have ever been there? Nope not once? So I guess I have to ask you the same question, how would you know when you dont go there? I seen the DVD from the T.B.! Guess you send someone to Lincoln to tape for you, huh? I could argue with you avout what you see,or take it from what the drivers say! I'm thinking in the last month alone you have seen two guys who have won numerous track championships in Mods and L.M. not come back for this reason, and you would see that something needs done, but hey, just keep thinking its ok, telling people how great it is and I get my wish sooner than expected!

J/Smooth

Well I hate to see you bash a track because they will not sanction and carry the street stock series YOU tried to start and get them to carry. You know Vernon I see Pops15 posting results from a race and you come in like the storm last week and make one heck of a mess out of it. POPS15 has had every chance to be as ignorant as you. Glad to see Bob not be that way just shows more class. I know you from watching your post from 4m. Dirttrackin26 correct????..... Same song just different dance. :rolleyes:
We here at Stl.racing.com are very interested in the results of the race as I was or I would not have read the post. You know Vern you really need to be nicer on here. This is very distasteful what you keep saying and it just discredits you and the series you are trying to concoct.. :rolleyes:
Please be nice or I am going to have to bring out my back up and boy you do not want anything to do with them ... ROLMFAO !!!!!
Get ready girls :D
Lisa Jones

Oooohhh!!!!!!!!!

Can I wait til then to get scared? Since you know so much about me, you probably also know I dont scare to easily! As far as Boob goes, he only posted that cuz he knows this is one of the places I post now! As far a series, UMP is doing a fine job! The unfortunate part is you only seem to post what you think you know, not the real issue, I "bashed" (your word not mine) him long before there was any thought much less action or money spent! Which I am sure led him to his decision(I know this for sure as they made copies of my posts on m4.net and showed them to me at the voting), not to be a part! After the drivers voted all in favor of it and a sponsor stepped up and offered an additional 50 per feature winner over 24 nights, payable right then and there, and he refused to sign, that told me he cared nothing for his drivers! My reasons are strictly because of his ignorance of not knowing when to thank someone who helped him make money week in and week out or in his case not lose as much! I originally had planned on doing a MACON ONLY Street Stock deal where there would be big races every week, he said and this is a quote" Why, I have plenty of cars"! This being fresh off of having 35 cars but before we started giving away 6ft trophies, big money, fan giveaways etc, he had only 9! But hey I have an opinion of him, and you have one too! I also know that you guys race there every week, so sticking up for him may help get that extra help on a call some night! I will take my bashing some where else cuz Jimmy doesnt need it here, this is a great site and I wouldn't want to tarnish it! So in closing Lisa, if you want to see me bash (again your word) the T.B., you will have to go to speakon.us C-YA!!!!!

J/SMOOTH-PR said:
Blah Blah Blah Blah ::::::::

I also know that you guys race there every week, so sticking up for him may help get that extra help on a call some night! I will take my bashing some where else cuz Jimmy doesnt need it here, this is a great site and I wouldn't want to tarnish it! So in closing Lisa, if you want to see me bash (again your word) the T.B., you will have to go to speakon.us C-YA!!!!!

I guess you know who I am :rolleyes: Who we are :rolleyes: And where we race :rolleyes: And who we want to get extra help from on a call some night :rolleyes:

And for the record we have never been to this track. But I am sure if we do I will be making friends will ALL the officials or call makers. Can always use all the extra help we can get . :)

Opps forgot to say see ya ..... :)

Back