Just A Little Observation

faustfan2

Funny to me how people on this site are always saying bring the sprints in and the stands will be full! I just watched the video from Saturday night in Pevely and I guess the people have spoken when it comes to sprints running in this are because the stands looked really really BARE to me! Just saying! Im sure theres going to be the argument that's its a holiday weekend or its not the WOO!

Funny to me how people on this site are always saying bring the sprints in and the stands will be full! I just watched the video from Saturday night in Pevely and I guess the people have spoken when it comes to sprints running in this are because the stands looked really really BARE to me! Just saying! Im sure theres going to be the argument that's its a holiday weekend or its not the WOO!
Wrongo...
They had a pretty good crowd. Noticeably bigger than a normal show. The stands were definitely not bare. My guess, since I was there is they were at least 70-75% full, but not a full house. Consider the holiday weekend and the threat of rain. There was some sprinkling coming down every once in a while before and during the race. You should have been there....great show.
Ohhhh, by the way...you might want to get your eyes checked.... Bare stands ??? lmao !!!!!!

Not going to sit here and go back and forth with you but maybe you need to watch the video Jimmy posted of the flip! If that's what you call 70-75% full I don't believe I need to get my eyes checked maybe its you!! I have seen the stands with more people in them than that at a regular show! Your right I wasn't there and refuse to go to a track when the sprints are there! In fact I have been to 4 races this year and only 1 has been at a local track this year! Like I said Im not going to go back and forth with you when its very obvious you are a huge fan of the sprints and no matter what you see with your own eyes you have blinders on!

Hound I do agree they do hold a good amount of people but even you have to admit there wasn't a very good crowd at all! There is no way the stands was 70-75% full! Even you have to admit that.

are any tracks getting a good crowd any more andd why weren't you there gotta suport the short tracks in this great economy as much as we can

Unfortunately Hound I had to work. You are correct on having to support our local tracks but as I stated I have only been to 4 races this year and only 1 of those have been at a local track.

Its just not I-55 having low attendance..I've seen video's of other tracks that had plenty of empty seats and remember that I-55 has more seating then most tracks do....economy sucks is the bottom line !

I would say the rain threat and the holiday weekend where the biggest problems. And the stands Imo where about 50-60% full. Definitely more people than a normal weekly show.

I've been at i55 all but one night so far this year and the stands didn't have many more than they have had any other regular Saturday this year. Stands might have been 50% full. No where near 70-75%. The stands do hold a lot of people but it was still a poor turn out. The weather and holiday weekend didn't help any either.

Not going to sit here and go back and forth with you but maybe you need to watch the video Jimmy posted of the flip! If that's what you call 70-75% full I don't believe I need to get my eyes checked maybe its you!! I have seen the stands with more people in them than that at a regular show! Your right I wasn't there and refuse to go to a track when the sprints are there! In fact I have been to 4 races this year and only 1 has been at a local track this year! Like I said Im not going to go back and forth with you when its very obvious you are a huge fan of the sprints and no matter what you see with your own eyes you have blinders on!
Well, now the fan count from another poster is 50-60%. One says 50% which is definately too low in my opinion. Not going to quibble over 10-15%.
And for your info, that was the first time I've ever seen a Sprint show but I will be going back for the next one. Awesome show you missed.
Not sure why you even care because obviously you don't even attend Pevely or support local racing.

Folks, you need to appreciate what we have in the St. Louis area. Look at how many tracks we have around that are competing for cars and more important, people in the stands willing to spend their limited entertainment dollars on attending racing.
We were traveling and stopped in Waynesboro VA Saturday night at Eastside Speedway. They had what I thought was a decent crowd, stands were maybe 1/2 to 3/4 full ($15 admission), no idea how many bodies that equates to though. The one concession line was long all night, but they did allow coolers, but No Alchohol permitted or sold.
The LM's and Sportsman (look like Crate LM's to me) were 50 Lap features, don't know what payout was. They raced 4 classes (LM,Sportsman,SS, and 4 cylinders) that had no more than 12 cars in attendance in each. They started with hot laps, went to a 4 lap qualifying with 4 cars on the track at a time, then went directly to the features. Street Stocks were the closest racing, followed by Sportsman. The LM's started 11, had 6 cars left after about 10 laps or so. The leader and 2nd lapped everybody with the leader a 1/2 lap ahead of 2nd when they finished.
The crowd cheered them on and seemed happy to see racing.

Back