Just A Note From Bluegrass Speedway About the 22nd Annual DTWC…

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Bardstown, KY-October 24- On behalf of Bluegrass Speedway, I would like to take the opportunity to speak for track owner Charles Hamilton, track promoters David and Anita Ferrell, and DTWC promoter Carl Short about the 22nd Annual Dirt Track World Championship that was held October 19 and 20 at Bluegrass Speedway in Bardstown, KY.

This weekend saw our track hold its first ever event of this magnitude, and although there have been some areas of short-comings, we want to take this opportunity to speak to all involved in the racing circle and in the community of Bardstown as well.

First of all, let us start by apologizing for all of the mud at the track and mud that was left on the roadways near the track, but we have no control over Mother Nature and all involved wanted to complete the event this weekend so as to not inconvenience fans and drivers with a possible return trip in November. We also apologize to the fans, race teams, merchants, and our community neighbors for the lateness of the hour on Sunday evening, but we had no choice but to attempt to pack two days of racing into one splendid day of action. Bluegrass Speedway has and will continue to strive to be a positive contributing economic entity and good neighbor in and around the wonderful city of Bardstown, which received many compliments from fans and racers alike for its beauty and friendliness.

Meanwhile, we owe a bunch of thanks to a multitude of people. We need to say thank you all that helped with the new construction prior to the race and to those that helped with the temporary seating to provide ample seating for the event. We also would like to thank all of the great fans that attended this event for your attendance, patience, cooperation, and endurance of the weather conditions of the weekend. Hopefully, we provided everyone a day of enjoyment and entertainment (I would also like to say that I believe you were the best behaved crowd that I have ever seen at a big race of this nature). Also, a big thank you goes out to all the race teams that visited us for this event. Drivers and crew members alike performed and worked in less that ideal conditions, yet you maintained your professionalism through it all, displaying why dirt racers and their fans are the best in motorsports.

Next, we would like to thank all the local merchants who sold supplies to all for the weekend and to the area hotel/motel proprietors who sold accommodations to the fans and racers for the weekend (to my knowledge, every hotel/motel room in Nelson County was booked on the night of October 19). We would also like to thank the folks at the Nelson County Fairgrounds who helped provide camper parking for the weekend.

Others that also deserve a word of thanks include the group of youth from Nelson County High School that parked cars in the parking lot, all of the vendors that spent the weekend with us selling their merchandise, and to all the various press, media, internet, and television outlets for the positive publicity the race, the track, and the community received during the weekend.

Last, but certainly not least, we want to thank all of our employees at Bluegrass Speedway that went above and beyond the call of duty during the weekend. And again, we want to thank all the race fans and race teams for supporting the 22nd Annual Dirt Track World Championship at Bluegrass Speedway in Bardstown, KY. We sincerely hope that you were able to be entertained and derived an enjoyment of enormous proportions from the “Thunder on the Hill” in Central Kentucky, DTWC style.

Sincerely,

Michael Despain
Bluegrass Speedway
Media Contact/Track Announcer

And I'd like to say thanks for all of the hospitality and friendlyness displayed by everyone down in Kentucky. The track is a wonderful venue, and I'll definately be coming back next year for the 23rd DTWC.

It was one great race wouldn't miss it again for anything as long as it stays at Bluegrass Speedway.

Back