Justin Allgaier Continues the Midwestern Tradition with MB Motorsports

JAM PR

As announced this evening at the press conference preceding the St. Louis Auto Racing Fan Club's "Banquet of Champions"...

JUSTIN ALLGAIER CONTINUES THE MIDWESTERN TRADITION WITH MB MOTORSPORTS
Press Release, Allgaier Motorsports

SPRINGFIELD, IL (January 15, 2005) – Eighteen year-old Justin Allgaier has proven himself as a skilled driver in the ranks of the ARCA RE/MAX Series and on dirt tracks across the country in both open-wheel competition and dirt late model stock cars. This talented young hotshoe will now be part of an impressive Midwestern motorsports tradition in NASCAR. The Springfield, IL, native recently inked a deal with Foristell [MO] based MB Motorsports to align for a limited 2005 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series schedule with hopes to continue the team’s tradition of boosting the careers of several Midwestern drivers. Late drivers who’s legacies still live on, such as the 1998 NASCAR Nextel Cup Rookie of the Year Kenny Irwin, Jr., and Tony Roper both drove for Mike Mittler. Likewise, Carl Edwards, the 2003 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Champion, and 2003 NASCAR Nextel Cup Rookie of the Year Jamie McMurray both received their NASCAR start at MB Motorsports.

Brothers Mike and Paul Mittler founded Mittler Brothers Machine & Tool Company in 1980 and their business has grown into a leading auto racing tool and performance component manufacturer that services five continents. Expanding on their innovative business, the Mittlers created MB Motorsports in 1995 to compete in a new NASCAR racing concept – the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series. Since then, the team has matured into a seasoned race team and has a proven eye for scouting young talent.

The team is tentatively planning a seven race schedule with Allgaier, who will continue to compete in dirt late models, the ARCA RE/MAX Series, USAC Silver Crown series and midgets in addition to completing his freshman year of college. “I am very grateful to have been provided this opportunity by Mike Mittler and the entire MB Motorsports team,” stated the articulate young Allgaier, “I know how many talented drivers they had to pool from and it is huge honor to not only fulfill my goal of racing in NASCAR with an amazing team; but, more importantly, to do it with friends and a team that is from the same region.” When asked about his NCTS goals for the season, Allgaier noted, “My goal for this season is to qualify for all of our NASCAR events, have consistently strong performances against some of the most talented professionals in the world, represent MB Motorsports to the best of my abilities and just remember to soak it all in and enjoy the experience.”

While scheduling is tentative, our planned NCTS schedule would kick off at Gateway Int'l Raceway but due to requirements surrounding Justin's age, we may have to substitute one of the later events such as Las Vegas for Martinsville, VA, on April 9th. More information will be forth coming as schedules are finalized. Proposed venues include Gateway Int'l Raceway, The Milwaukee Mile, Kansas Speedway, Kentucky Speedway, Bristol Motor Speedway, Texas Motor Speedway and Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Current sponsors of the #63 team including Dave Porter Truck Sales, Mittler Brothers Machine & Tool Company, Enerpac, Race Fans for a Cure, Russo's Tinting, Advanced Signs and Childs Tire will remain on board and additional partners of Justin Allgaier Motorsports/MB Motorsports will be announced in the near future.

If you would like more information on Justin Allgaier and his diverse 2005 racing schedule, please visit http://www.allgaiermotorsports.com. The official MB Motorsports team web site is available online at http://www.mbracing.net. For additional information on sponsorship and marketing opportunities with Justin Allgaier Motorsports, please contact Michelle Petroff at (618) 398-9929 or pr@allgaiermotorsports.com.

-----------
Michelle Petroff
Public Relations/Marketing Director
Allgaier Motorsports – Experience the Power of the Storm
3886 East State Route 54
Springfield, IL 62707
(618) 398-9929 direct line
(618) 406-6842 cell
pr@allgaiermotorsports.com
http://www.allgaiermotorsports.com

Thanks Michelle!

You know I have been waiting on this news for 2 weeks now ;)

Congratulations Justin! I know you will make the most of this awesome opportunity and make all of your dedicated fans quite proud! Gateway in April will be rockin! :D

Thanks Amy. We appreciate you not saying a peep. Everyone who did know what was in the works did a great job of saying nothing until we made the official statement. MBRacing.net was updated immediately last night as well. Fingers crossed for a good year ahead.

hey i just noticed you might want to change the part about carl edwards being the 2003 champion. wasnt that travis (how ever ya spell kwapvil) lol

oops almost forgot to say good luck justin. now when you get to the cup series i can tell my daughter hey he signed you baby blanket back in 04 at i 55 on impressive race cars nickle night. speaking of cup rousch has one of mittlers old drivers, ganassi has another, hmmmmm maybe hendrick or childress will pick you. that would be a very smart move on their part if they do.

sloppyjoe said:
hey i just noticed you might want to change the part about carl edwards being the 2003 champion. wasnt that travis (how ever ya spell kwapvil) lol

Carl was in fact the 2003 NCTS RoY. Travis was the 2001 RoY. Justin's schedule will keep him under the minimum number of events so he can hopefully have an opportunity to compete for the title in the future. Thanks for the well wishes! We'll still be back at I-55 and hittin' the dirt for several shows.

~M

You're right, slop. In the various versions of the release that must have gotten jumbled in with an old draft. Good catch! I did change the last version of the release/news on the site to reflect that will probably kick off the season at Martinsville (which means losing Vegas) due to NASCAR's requirement regarding Gateway. We wanted to kick off in St. Louis but rules and regulations. Hopefully Justin and the team do well in VA so we can get the "all clear" to race at home on April 30th.

Thanks again to everyone present at the banquet and for those who were very gracious to us. Congrats to all of the champs who were recognized.

Back