Justin Allgaier Nascar plans fo 05

The newspaper BTW reports that Justin has signed with MB Motorsports from Foristell Mo to drive thier craftsman truck in 7 Nascar races this year,
This is the same group that brought along Carl Edwards Tony Roper, Kenny Irwin jr and Jamie Mc Murry. Authered by Michelle Petroff.
I just want to wish him lots of luck!

sports267 said:
how much money did this cost his dad

Are you wanting to contribute to the cost? If not I am curious what business it would be of yours? If you want to help defray the cost contact Michelle Petroff who handles their PR stuff and I am sure arrangements can be made to associate you with the program.

You know I'm sure his dad has put alot of money into Justin and his racing, but Justin has earned this ride. What dad wouldn't give their kid money to do what he loves to do. Ya money helps, but Justin is an awesome driver and definetly deserves to move up, even if it aint on dirt.

They could have really bumped this kid way up to a higher level. But, like Justin said at the Banquet of Champions, they are making him cut his teeth with a limited non-dirt schedule.

This kid will be racing ARCA, Craftsman Trucks, Midgets, Late Models, etc...
Sounds like a Schrader/Stewart in the making.

And?......

Sports,
Why can't you just be happy to see a local guy get a shot at a great opportunity? I don't think any of us know of Justin's father's financial commitment to this deal (if any). Quite frankly, it is really no ones business but the parties involved. Lighten up man, your envy is getting the best of you. :)

Larry in Columbia said:
Sports,
Why can't you just be happy to see a local guy get a shot at a great opportunity? I don't think any of us know of Justin's father's financial commitment to this deal (if any). Quite frankly, it is really no ones business but the parties involved. Lighten up man, your envy is getting the best of you. :)

Amen Brother! Justin has worked hard for this ride. Also, if they had as much money as everyone thinks they have, I think you would see Justin in Saturday afternoon's ARCA race but he will not be in that race because it cost way too much to run that one race.

:) I want to thank MB for giving Justin an opportunity just like they did for Carl, Tony & Jamie. I don't see anyone asking how much those drivers parents paid for their ride!! :confused:

GO JUSTIN! WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!

Isn't it funny? The only reason why someone talks about money is because they see someone a little earlier in their careers! Just wondering. Name a driver who drove his way to the top and there will always be someone who took a financial chance to help them out. If it is Justin's dad, so be it. There aren't too many drivers at the top who have drove Free rides all the way up. Good Luck Justin!

Illinois Amy

I Agree With You 100%!!!! Good Luck To Justin, His Whole Crew And Family. Let's Not Forget His Fans!!!! See Ya At Gateway In A Couple Months!!!!!

Brandy

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the messages of support! We are so appreciative of all of the positive notes and letters we have received since announcing Justin's limited NCTS plans. We're anxiously awaiting the 2005 season and we're just hoping to go out there, let Justin do his best and hopefully make some progress while gaining valuable seat time. Thankfully Mike Mittler and MB Racing see something in Justin and have faith in him.

As Smash said, I will GLADLY chat with anyone who wants to help with any of Justin's racing endeavors! There are plenty of opportunities available to Justin if we wanted to pay to help cover the costs incurred with a NBS team or large NCTS team but shelling out loads of money to get a seat isn't an option. So, initial opportunities are limited but he's having to do it the old-fashioned way of working his way up the ranks just like his mentor did. We are viewing it not only as a challenge, but a way to really respect the hard-work , the sport and experience that it takes not only to get a ride but to keep one.

Thank you all again for the well wishes and we hope to see you at the races - whether I-55, Kansas or Gateway! :)

~Michelle

sure he has a nice ride, but he still has to drive it. He does as well as anyone else ive seen. Good Luck, hope to see you run at the magic mile again.

Nice!!! How awesome is this! The very best of luck to you, Justin.

Just for the record: Parents ALWAYS do whatever is necessary for the success and well-being of their child/children; no matter what the price or what you have to do.

I never said justin could not drive i am impressed with his driving for somebody his age but usualy these opps. go to drivers that are dominant in their prospective class and i dont think it was a choice made by his driving he is good like i said but as far drivers deserving how about kyle steffens,ed dixon,kevin gundaker etc.I think they are dominant drivers more than justin is. Ive seen stories on t.v about drivers all over doing this for a long time and they never got this kind of opp.

As for sport and him and his childish comment i heard that justin has a sponser for these races anyways as far as him being talented did u not see him in the arca races that just shows righ there hes and up and coming driver as far as u saying dixon well if im not mistaking dixon had his chance in and arca car and came back to a latemodel so maybe nest time u will keep ur childish comment to yourself!!! and michelle do u by chance have a schedule of what races justin will be running thanks Josh

Sports
Maybe MB Motorsports has a different formula for success than you do. Young, versatile, eager to learn and hungry to win. This formula worked pretty well when they put Carl Edwards in the seat of their truck.

Thanks for positive words. Josh, a tentative schedule is posted on Justin's web site - http://www.allgaiermotorsports.com While our dirt schedule is still being finalized, proposed dates include next Wednesday-Saturday at Volusia and hopefully the March 26th date at I-55. As the schedule fills out, the site will be updated and I will make announcements on the newsletter.

As for the question over Justin's skills, I respect everyone's opinions but I think there is a misunderstanding that Justin, his folks or anyone associated with him claims him to be the world's premier dirt late model racer. Not hardly! Justin hasn't focused 100% on dirt late models because he has raced a little bit of everything (while in school!) but he really enjoys dirt racing so it's a genuine passion of his. That explains why the team was crazy enough to run Summernationals, go test at Gateway for the ARCA race and compete at Mount Vernon the same night! His ability to adapt not only from open-wheel to stock cars but from dirt to asphalt is what makes him desirable along with talent, potential and his personality. So, I believe that it is a little unfair to form an opinion about his aptitude and worthiness in future endeavors based on on-track dirt performances since that is more of a hobby and just another means to gain added seat time.

We get regular fan mail from across the continental 48, Canada, the UK, Germany, New Zealand and several troops stationed overseas so he has turned a few heads in more than one place and hopefully that is only the beginning. A path like Carl Edwards' or Jamie McMurray's would be amazing but no one is living in a fantasy that it will be easy. Everyone is confident there will be a lot of bumps, bruises and hurt fenders but you have to have faith that hard work and determination will pay off. All he can do is try!

Money, Money, Money, that is what its takes to run big. I have never been in a race car and I would like too. But if I had a $100,000 in my pocket I bet I could be in a ride this year too. Justin is a good driver that helps, but so was Dixon. The reason Dixon left Arca is because the money was not there. For all the tire money and not much of a purse, it's hard. But Justin won't have to worry about tire money, will he? All I 'm saying is you can be the best driver in the world but what you need is money to go along with it. Good luck Justin in whatever car or truck you race in.

You know, this racing thing is kinda crazy. A driver can have all the skill in the world but if he is in a crappy car, his driving skills don't matter. You could have the best car in the world but if the driver can't drive, the car don't matter. You could have the best crew in the world but if the chemistry between the driver and crew isn't there, then it don't matter. You could have all the money in the world, but if you don't have a good driver, well prepared car or a crew/driver combination that clicks then the money don't matter. I guess what I am getting at is it is a PACAKAGE deal. You have to have all of the things listed above plus a little faith & good luck and then maybe, just maybe there will be success. I guess we will just have to wait to see what the future holds.

I know Justin's dad knows ALOT of people in the racing world. Maybe he had some connections to help Justin in talking to MB Racing but in the end it was Justin who secured the ride for himself. In just about every occupation out there in the world today you get jobs thru knowing someone or having the right connections.

Anyway, I will step down off of my soapbox for now....I just wish Justin all of the luck in the world! We are behind him all the way.

I agree with Amy, but it also takes the ambition and willingness of the driver to drive that team to success. A good driver with used up equipment can still make things work as long as the maintenance is up to standards.The bigest key to success in the racing world is all about who you know, and what you know, along with a driver who has a passion to do what they love. Without that passion racing is pointless. The statement is true about going places with money. Look at drivers like Buckshot Jones or Robby Mghee. Robby qualified for the indy 500 with little racing experience at high speeds. They went out of style like the mullet hair cut, but they did have a chance due to proper funding from inside sources. i congradulate you Justin, and when i have my degree, i look forward to racing with you on a professional level.

Back