Kasey Kahne Racing Selects McMahan to Fill in For Darrah

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
MOORESVILLE, NC (February 19, 2010) -- Kasey Kahne Racing (KKR) announced today that Paul McMahan will pilot the #91 Great Clips entry in the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series while Cody Darrah recovers from a broken leg he sustained in a street-car accident on February 6.

“Paul is a veteran driver in the World of Outlaws Series and will be a good addition to the KKR team,” said team owner Kasey Kahne. “We appreciate Paul stepping in for Cody while he recovers and look forward to giving him a competitive car to win races in.”

McMahan, who previously raced for Tony Stewart Racing, won his first World of Outlaws race at State Fair Speedway in Sedalia, Missouri in 2001 and earned the 1995 Motoring Press Association Open-Wheel Driver of the Year award. He scored 18 top-10 finishes in 2008.

“I want to thank KKR for giving me an opportunity to compete in first-class equipment,” said McMahan. “I’ve always admired what Kasey has done with his World of Outlaws program and I’m looking forward to racing with them until Cody is able to compete again.”

McMahan’s first race is scheduled for Friday, February 26 at the Dirt Track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Back