Kasey Kahne Racing Signs Cody Darrah to Race Mopar®-Powered Outlaws Sprint Car in 2010

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Kasey Kahne Racing (KKR) announced recently the permanent addition of young sprint car racer Cody Darrah as driver of the No. 91 Great Clips/Sage Fruit/ASE/Mopar® sprint car in the 2010 World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series. Darrah, 20, of Red Lion, Pa., served as a fill-in driver for KKR’s Mopar-powered No. 19 entry for the last three World of Outlaws races of the 2009 season.
"I remember how excited I was when I left home to race sprint cars full time," said team owner Kahne, who left his native Washington to race sprint cars out of Indiana at a similar age. "I’m thrilled to give the same opportunity to Cody, who I see a lot of similarities to me at that age."
Darrah has recorded six victories in 2009, including a career-first World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series race win at the Summer Nationals at Williams Grove Speedway. That win led Kahne to offer Darrah the opportunity to race the No. 19 DirecTV/Sage Fruit/ASE/Mopar sprint car at the remaining World of Outlaws events.
"I am honored to be given the opportunity to run a full season on the World of Outlaws circuit with such a top notch team," said Darrah. "I have been able to get to know Kasey by racing against him at Williams Grove, and now the crew at KKR over the past few weeks, so it will be amazing to be a part of the team next year."
Darrah joins Mopar-powered KKR teammates Brad Sweet and Joey Saldana. Sweet is currently battling for the USAC Mopar Midget National Championship, 14 points shy of first in the driver standings. Saldana, who drives the No. 9 Budweiser/CURB Records Mopar-powered sprint car, won a series-leading 20 races in the 2009 World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series.
For more information on Kasey Kahne Racing, visit http://www.kkr9.com.

Back