kevin g?

Im all for them...they have almost zero advantage..apparently helps with wheel hop..a stock upper cost me last year and this would be easier than searching for them in junk yards

I guess I wouldn't care either way but I don't reach understand the need to replace the stock ones. I've never seen one break...I've seen one bend but that was a crash where the rear end was knocked out of the car so I think anything woul have bent. They are easy to find....I have at least 4 sets that I'll sell. Haha

Anyways, not saying its right or wrong to allow them but just curious as to why?

Dave, I used to bend the crap out of them just from racing......I finally started welding plates on the bottom of them to make a box....by the time I did that, it was no different than buying ones from speedway......but I don't have a dog in the fight, so I don't really care...:)

They do have a advantage...its a hell of a kit easier to get them cheated up bushings in em you boys are running!!!

the "cheated" bushing goes in a stock arm the same as an aftermarket arm...... wheel hop is suppressed with the shocks.. there is absolutlely no advantage... they actually weight nearly the same.... its a matter of measurement.... stock measurement means stock rearend placement......... as a central illinios SS alot of guys in my class run them.. I was hesitent to get them because they do cost a bit more and didn't need them but, on the last night of the season the year before last. I got drilled in the RR twisting and breaking my stock arms... so in the off season upgraded to aftermarket arms...... they certainly are stronger/safer...but, not nessesary.... the stock arms are getting harder to find and there is no question we will be running the aftermarket arms in the near future because there just ain't ganna be any stock stuff left.... So it's just a matter of time before everybody has them.. .. A car with a stock arm is at no disadvantage.... I would recommend a guy run his stock stuff until it gets broke or bent then upgrade....l but, as a promoter I would hate to have to turn someone away who has these arms... and I know guys are turning to these peices to replace hard to find parts.......

Just my opinion.... I'm of the group that wants to combine our class with your class and run a car with a little more opened up chassis rules but tri-cities motor rules......... no reason to have different variations of SS...... we'll get there

Obvious this question is being ignored by Kevin!! If he wasnt ignoring the question he would have responded so why do you keep posting about it?? Its the third time you have asked him about it and every time youve been ignored! Personally i think its a great idea to use these control arms but just do what youve been doing run the stock ones and go on!!! May e one day they will figure out the stock parts are getting harder to find! Think about this also...the cars are getting real hard to find to but there is a company who does build a frame that is based on the metric frame everybody is running. So are they going to let you guys run those frames before long to because of these cars getting harder to find?? No i doubt it, they will just weed this class out and thats a shame because its a dang good class but nobody wants to do what is right. I think medic33 has the right idea by wanting to combine those two classes together! Jmo

This is not beiing ignored! I responded to Tommy, I am waiting on a set of the trailing arms to arrive. Then I will make a decision on them. I have looked at the aftermarket frame as well. Very costly! This is a great class. I am open to suggestions on the future of this class and what kind of cars we are going to run in it!

Kevin

Kevin i agree that frame is very costly and not to many owners or drivers can afford that frame. As for this class surviving im not sure what options we have as the cars have become seriously hard to find. The only option i can think of is to keep the frames and turn them into UMP Street Stocks. The Factory Stock class is going to be obsolete before long because we are running out of options with it. Lete sit and stew for awhile and ill come up with some idea im sure. I will say it does seem that Tri City does try to listen to the drivers and try to make everybody happy unlike these other tracks that say its either our way or noway! Any drivers got suggestions? Kevins obviously willing to listen and now would be a time to speak up before its to late.

faustfan if you want to run a aftermarket frame buy a latemodel or mod and as far as the class becoming obsolete besides big shows at tri city the ss has prob the highest car count on average there and kevin did contact us about these trailing arms and by trying to get some stock replacement parts is no reason to combine the iump ss and the tri city ss

The biggest problem with making your own is having to police them! Mysteriously they may become a little longer or a little shorter!! Nobody ever knows how that happened. They must have shrunk when we welded them. LOL

Kevin

The dog at my homework,too...;)
The biggest problem with making your own is having to police them! Mysteriously they may become a little longer or a little shorter!! Nobody ever knows how that happened. They must have shrunk when we welded them. LOL

Kevin

faustfan if you want to run a aftermarket frame buy a latemodel or mod and as far as the class becoming obsolete besides big shows at tri city the ss has prob the highest car count on average there and kevin did contact us about these trailing arms and by trying to get some stock replacement parts is no reason to combine the iump ss and the tri city ss
I think you need to reread what i said! I didnt say that i was wanting to run the aftermarket frame, i was making a statement due to the fact that these cars are getting harder to find as you well are aware of that the aftermarket frame may be a option due to the fact of the limitations we have as cars go for this class! And as far turning them into UMP street stocks dont you think its a little smarter to do that than to just throw the frames into a scrap yard since you can add weight jacks on all four corners and run that frame for awhile longer and still keep the street stocks around? Hhhhmmmm makes since to me! These guys now building modifieds are starting to use the stubs on these cars for their cars so again its going to make these cars harder to get! Think about what im saying makes since to me.

Kevin....

I'm not real familiar with SS rear suspension but could a jig be made to check the center to center lenght's while on the car by referencing the bolt centers? +\- 1\8 should make a good compromise between slight errors in welding heat(sarcasm), ease of inspecting and performance gains.

Well If you run an aftermarket frame because they are getting tough to find. You might as well run aftermarket upper and lower A frames and trailing arms since they'll be hard to find to. Well if the frames are hard to find, so is the body. So you might as well let them run homemade aluminum bodies. That would be cheaper than the stock replacement panels you'd have to buy. Well then what do you know? They will be a Sportsman car, that same division that's been killed in this area the last several years.

Not trying to be a smartazz, but that's the reality of it.

Well If you run an aftermarket frame because they are getting tough to find. You might as well run aftermarket upper and lower A frames and trailing arms since they'll be hard to find to. Well if the frames are hard to find, so is the body. So you might as well let them run homemade aluminum bodies. That would be cheaper than the stock replacement panels you'd have to buy. Well then what do you know? They will be a Sportsman car, that same division that's been killed in this area the last several years.

Not trying to be a smartazz, but that's the reality of it.

no kidding

I dont think any of this is meant to "evolve" this class into something it is not. I believe these ideas are meant to forecast the future as far as where to go after we can no longer find g-bodies. The uppers, although a high initial cost, will help out the racer's pocket book. Also since there is no advantage to running these, then ppl running a stock upper will not be out anything.

Back