Kill Switch on a hornet

Road Warrior

I have a hornet car for Highland,And their rules call for a kill switch I have never hooked one up before..Any diagrams or suggestions..Thanks guys :cool:

Tie it in to your main battey cable between your battery and other switches, gauges, lights and ect. And be sure it is within reach of the track officials and emergency crew. most common place they are put is on the rear window decking. dont use a light wieght toggle switch. You need a good heavy duty battery disconnect switch. Napa sells a really good one.

I have a hornet car for Highland,And their rules call for a kill switch I have never hooked one up before..Any diagrams or suggestions..Thanks guys :cool:

At Highland you are required to put the switch in to kill the fuel pump. Find your power feed to the fuel pump and put your switch there. On most cars the wire runs right past the driver seat. So you can tap into the wire and run it up to the down bar beside the top of the drivers seat and mount the switch there. Niether the switch or the wire needs to be very heavy for this set up.

At Highland you are required to put the switch in to kill the fuel pump. Find your power feed to the fuel pump and put your switch there. On most cars the wire runs right past the driver seat. So you can tap into the wire and run it up to the down bar beside the top of the drivers seat and mount the switch there. Niether the switch or the wire needs to be very heavy for this set up.
Thanks alot, I hooked it up like you said and it works 100% ...:cool:

Please dont take this the wrong way. But, if you do it that way all you are doing is killing the pump ower. That doesnt kill power to the whole car. It is safer to have all the power killed not just the fuel.

Please dont take this the wrong way. But, if you do it that way all you are doing is killing the pump ower. That doesnt kill power to the whole car. It is safer to have all the power killed not just the fuel.

Ive helped several hornet drivers install these..here is what i do. I run the positive cable to the switch..but..i run it to the inside of the car..so the driver can reach it..if needed...then run the cable back out to wherever it goes..usually the starter or solenoid. Yes..and get a good one..like maverick said. Napa sells a really good one...so does carquest. Stay away from autozones...ive seen those shake apart and cause fires from shorting out.

Highland only requires to have kill switch to the fuel pump. But yes it would be safer to kill all power.

Rob

Back