Knoxville Bound Tony Stewart Racing’s Jones, Stenhouse, Jr., Ready For USAC Midget Series Action at

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
INDIANAPOLIS (June 18, 2007) – The legendary Knoxville (Iowa) Raceway is revered in open-wheel circles as the Mecca of winged sprint car racing. This weekend, Tony Stewart Racing’s (TSR) Levi Jones and Ricky Stenhouse, Jr., will be looking to make the facility a team favorite as they head into the USAC Knoxville Midget Nationals on Friday and Saturday.

Jones will look to drive the No. 20 TSR/Chevrolet/Spike machine into victory lane with his first USAC National Midget Car Series win. In 2006, Jones scored back-to-back 10th-place finishes in the Doodlebug Classic and USAC Knoxville Midget Nationals.

Stenhouse will make his first USAC Midget Series start on the half-mile Knoxville oval this weekend. He has made several starts at the facility, and earned a fourth-place finish in the Knoxville 360 Nationals in 2005.

Jones is ranked eighth in the USAC Midget standings with 154 points, only three markers out of fifth place. He currently leads the USAC National Sprint Car Series championship with 610 points. Jones has won a season-high four USAC Sprint Series features, as well as the prestigious East Bay Winternationals in January.

Stenhouse has one victory each in USAC Sprint, Midget and Silver Crown this year, making him the only driver to have won in all three national divisions. After missing three USAC Sprint races and one USAC Midget event early in the season, Stenhouse is ranked ninth in the USAC Midget Series standings with 149 points.

TSR’s Tracy Hines continues to recover from injuries he sustained in an off-road motorcycle accident on April 30. He joined the team at O’Reilly Raceway Park for the USAC Sprint and Midget Series events last Saturday. For an update on his recovery efforts, log on to www.tonystewartracing.com.

To purchase tickets or more information regarding Knoxville Raceway, visit www.knoxvilleraceway.com.

Quote from Levi Jones, driver of the No. 20 TSR/Chevrolet/Spike

Are you looking forward to heading back to Knoxville Raceway to compete in the USAC Midget Series this weekend?

“This weekend is going to be a lot of fun. With a full year of midget experience, I think this trip is going to be one where we’re looking for the win rather than just trying to gain some seat time. You’re always trying to learn something at each event, but this year’s race will be much more familiar. Racing at Knoxville Raceway in any type of car is pretty cool. It’s a big, fast track that has a lot of history. It would be really cool to get my first midget win with Chevy at a track like Knoxville.”

Quote from Ricky Stenhouse, Jr., driver of the No. 21 TSR/Chevrolet/Spike

This weekend’s doubleheader at Knoxville Raceway will be your first start at the facility in a USAC Midget. Are you looking forward to competing in a non-winged car at the track?

“Knoxville Raceway is one of my favorite tracks to race at, regardless of the type of car we’re running. I am looking forward to getting back on the dirt this weekend, especially at a track that I’m pretty familiar with. We know we’ve got a good shot at winning this weekend, especially with one midget win already this season. With a two-day show, we’ll have two shots at getting Chevy and Bass Pro Shops in the winner’s circle.”

For complete results from this weekend’s USAC National Sprint and Midget Car Series events, log on to www.usacracing.com. For information regarding TSC or Chevrolet, log on to www.tonystewartracing.com or www.chevrolet.com.

Back