Knoxville Xtreme vs. DTWC... my take

Doug

Announcer
If anyone cares to read my thoughts on the situation, I've got my first of what I hope to be several "off season" articles posted here.

Guarded optimism, hound. By the way, I just updated my list, adding a couple of names. Still wondering if any of our locals are going to make the trip.

Well, apparently Xtreme realizes that they made a mistake running against the DTWC. This years Xtreme Nationals haven't even been ran yet, and they've already announced that next year's Nationals will not be on the same date as the DTWC.

As long as the "other" series doesn't schedule against the "X" finale' next year, I say it's a good move by Xtreme. I doubt it will mean anything to the racers who are bound by a "Dirty" contract, as the parent company will not tolerate any of their "property" to support the competition's biggest event (assuming "X" hasn't taken over the World 100 by then). It would, however, be a good move from a fan standpoint, for those who would like to attend both races.

Just out of curiosity, where'd you see that bit of info?

Here's a quick look at drivers who have a local interest...

Justin Allgaier
Billy Drake
Dennis Erb Jr.
Sonny Findling
Bill Frye
Ray Guss Jr.
Tony Izzo Jr.
Ed Kosiski
Joe Kosiski
Steve Kosiski
Matt Taylor
Mark Voigt
Kevin Weaver
Gary Webb
Duke Whiseant
Denny Woodworth

Hey Doug,
In fun! I'm just curious what you consider a "Local" Interest? I would be surprised if many people from the STL area care about the Kosiski's! I do because I grew up watching them, Dave Chase, Zeitner's, Don Hoffman, etc, etc.. But most people around here don't consider Omaha/Papillion area real Local!

Again just in fun, not bashing or anything like that.

I threw them in because they were always around the top 5 when the NASCAR Busch All Star race would roll through town, and in the early to mid 90's, Tri City would pack the house with that series. I remember one race in particular that went green the whole 50 laps, and 2 of the Kosiski's, Ken Schrader and Kevin Gundaker raced for the win the whole distance with maybe 5 car lengths from leader to 4th place the whole way. If I remember, Schrader won that race.

Yes, the Kosiski's were good for Dominating that BASS series. Interesting tidbit, I'm sure you probably know, but Steve (and I believe Joe also) are the only two to run every BASS race ever ran! I know Steve for a fact but I believe Joe may have also. The BASS series sure put on some great races back in the day. Looks like WDRL has stepped in and filled the role nicely though.

I've heard many good things about the WDRL. Would love to get a chance to see them in person.

Doug, In my opinion I find it a little tacky you have to post here to get people to view and post there.

It's called marketing. I first find out about many websites (this one included all those years ago) by following a link on the 4m messageboard. It generates traffic for both sites, and all other sites are more than welcome... even encouraged... to post links on our site as well.

[/QUOTE] Knoxville Xtreme/UMP finale info
It was allegedly announced on Dirt Nation (I didn't tune in- 2nd hand information) that this event will be held the last weekend of September in '05.

Another New Article:

DIRT AMERICA ONLINE presented by GottaRace.com
has been updated w/:

a new Knoxville Raceway UMP Stacker 2 Xtreme National Finals article and interview!

In addition to several other recently posted articles and news stories.

www.DirtAmericaOnline.com

-Jarrod

Back