Lake Hill Speedway Photo Help

66 Chevelle

Modified 64w
If there is anyone out there that can give me information on the driver's last name in the photo found under the Lake Hill Speedway section of the STLracing web site I would be very grateful. It is possible that this is my father who passed 14 years ago and if it is I would love to have a copy of it. The photo in question is listed as GARY.jpg and is (I think) an old chevy body and car number 82. If someone has information on the driver's name or when the photo was taken or anything else I would appreciate it. I know that my dad raced at Lake Hill before I came into the picture and that he drove for someone, but that is about it.

I took that photo in 1977 or 1978 if I remember correctly the name of the driver is Gary Blockue(SP?). He primarily raced at Belle-Clair speedway and I remember snaping the picture because seeing a 1950's car at Lake Hill was a bit of a novelty.

If memory serves me right I believe he passed away within a year or two of the photo from cancer. Wish I knew more about Gary but that is what I know of the photo.

Hope it helps.

John Barr
The Trashdog

Thanks for the info. That would not be the person I was looking for. I had no idea when it was taken, but for it to be the person I am referring to it would have to have been in the early to mid 60's. I knew the car appeared to be of that era, but was not sure of anything else.

Thanks again.

Eric

Back