Late Model Driver Eric Myers Announces Plans, New Sponsors

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Holmesville, OH --- For Eric ‘Spud’ Myers, the 2004 racing season will be one of diversity for the third year dirt Late Model driver from Holmesville, OH. After running the MACS series in 2003 Myers and his team will venture into the 2004 racing season as ‘outlaws’ in every sense of the word by running a variety of series and sanctioned events as well as independent dirt Late Model specials. In addition, Myers will face the 2004 racing season with several new sponsors gracing the sides of his Rocket Chassis/Malcuit Racing Engines #20m.

With an all-new look to the #20m racecars this year courtesy of new team sponsor Panther Motorsports Design, Myers will attack the dirt Late Model on-track wars with additional sponsorship support from Advance Cylinder, Hover Racing, The Glass Shop and Panther Motorsports Design. In addition, returning sponsors include CRM Colored Mulch, Fike Insurance, Weisgarber Trucking and Morris Oil Company.

“We’re thrilled to sign the new sponsors up,” stated Myers, 39. “We’re lucky to have so many generous sponsors back us up. We’re excited. Seann Anderson down at Panther Motorsports Design came up with an all new ‘look’ for the team and both of the Rockets look fantastic. We’re fired up!”

Also returning to the team will be crew chief Kyle Figley and crew members Jim Strouse and Jim Figley.

“There’s a guy who works for me, Jim Strauss, he’ll be working for us again,” stated Myers. “Kyle will be the kahuna again, the crew chief. Jim (Strauss) worked some for us last year and he’s now a big part of it. He works on the car during the week and he’ll be with us this year. And of course Jim will there helping with everything else.”

Myers had a successful sophormore season in 2003 and despite some bad luck here and there, there is no way you could say that Myers was afflicted with the dreaded “sophomore jinx” that befalls so many other racers. In fact, Myers, in just his second season in any type of race car, managed two feature wins in 2003 (Wayne County and Lakeville, both in Ohio) as well as a solid eighth place finish in the final 2003 MACS point standings.

During 2004 Myers will travel throughout the Midwest and eastern region running independent, MACS, Sunoco ULMS, UMP, NARA, World of Outlaws and ULMS events, among others.

As for his weapons of choice for the new season, Myers will stick with the tried and true, which has carried him to wins in both seasons of his young career as well as a pair of Rookie of the Year titles at local tracks.

“We’ll definitely be back with Rocket and Malcuit, I don’t think you’ll ever see me with any other combination,” said Myers. “These guys that jump around all the time, I don’t know if that’s good or bad. But this combo has worked for me. Brad (Malcuit) helps me a lot and Steve (Baker) down at Rocket helps, too. They are good.”

So Myers looks ahead and for one goal he hopes to continue his streak of winning each season. It is likely to happen!

For additional information on Eric Myers and the CRM Racing Team contact: jfig@sssnet.com or telephone: 330.279.2215.

-Prepared by Lehman Motorsports Services

Back