Belle-Clair Speedway Late Models Summer Sizzle Friday, June 17th

POWRi

Belle-Clair Speedway Summer Sizzle Friday, June 17th

This Friday’s June 17th Summer Sizzle event will feature the UMP Late Models, UMP Modifieds, B-Mods, Belleville Automotive Pure Stocks, UMP Pro 4 Cylinder Hornets/ Sport Compacts and BOSS Chassis 600cc Outlaw Micros.

Spectator gates will open at 5:00pm, hot laps at 6:30pm with racing following hot laps. General Admission is $15.00 Kids (under 12) FREE with adult. For more Information, go to www.belleclairspeedway.com.

Times

Pit Gates Open – 3:00pm

Spectator gates open – 5:00pm

General Admission – $15.00, Kids (under 12) FREE with adult

Hot Laps - 6:30pm, racing following hot laps

Classes

UMP Late Models

UMP Modifieds

Pro-Mods (B-Mods)

Belleville Automotive Pure Stocks

UMP Pro 4 Cylinder Hornets/ Sport Compacts

BOSS Chassis 600cc Outlaw Micros

An additional $100.00 dollars added to the feature winner for both the B-Mods and Pro 4 classes. The weather is shaping up to be great and we look forward to a great night of racing.

When Kenny took over last year the first thing he did was raise the purses. Didnt have to do that, but that it would help. Costs go up. Late models paid $1000 to win and $100 to start and modifieds paid $600 and $50 to start. This year he did it again. Every late model show has paid $1500 to win and $150 to start. Modifieds pay $700 and 100 to start. People want to see good car counts and good racing. I get tired of seeing the same people complain over and over again. We have great sponsors that keep us going. I spend as much of my own money as I can to attract more drivers and fans. $100 bonus to the driver that passes the most cars. Nickel races for the kids. Adding money to the purse whenever I can. Sorry just had to respond.

Brian Thompson

No matter what, we do not want to see any area track close. As Brain stated, the purse has increased and the racing has been very good. We need to get the fans back,. The weather is feeling great for tonight. Come on out and enjoy the event and save some money over those other costly events in the area. Three dollar beers are a lot less that $9.00 beers. You are getting action all the time on the track various a sloooow action baseball game.

Belle-Clair gen.adm.$15 Tri-City $12 No wonder BC is slipping away.JMO
Kevin can afford to do that because he makes money off of concessions and beer sales, unfortunately (from what I heard). The fair board at Belleville keeps the concession and beer sales so Kenny doesn't have that luxury to use that money I assume.
If it were me I would lobby to have the fair board update the bathrooms at Belleville and put in fans under the awning of the grandstands. If they want to make money/ take money. They need to spend money to compete with Tri city.

Back