Lebanon I-44 MARS Event Rescheduled For Sep 19-20

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
O'REILLY AUTO PARTS MID-AMERICA RACING SERIES
Lebanon I-44 Speedway, 1st Annual Bill Willard Memorial
Friday, Saturday; September 12-13

by Larry Olson; Mountain Home, AR

LEBANON MO. Lebanon I-44 Speedway officials battled the elements all weekend. Finally, when the skys opened at about 3pm Saturday afternoon, the decision was made to throw in the towel, and to reschedule the 1st Annual Bill Willard Memorial for Friday and Saturday, September 19-20.

A daylong, light, but persistant rain caused I-44 Speedway officials to call off the first night of the scheduled two night event at 7:00pm Friday evening. The decision was made to condense the event into a one night affair on Saturday, September 13. After being teased by some early afternoon sunshine, a 3pm downpour made the already waterlogged track far to wet to prepair for a nights racing, promting I-44 Speedway officials to go with the re-schedule.

The format for the O'Reilly Auto Parts Mid-America Racing Series will return to what was originally scheduled, and the top 22 cars will once again race for a $10,000 top prize, with $1,000 being guarenteed to start the event. The top ten qualifiers on Friday night will make up the inside row for Saturday's feature. Another ten qualifiers will be added on Saturday. Up to two provisional starters could be added to the field, then those competitors will go for 50 Laps for the five figure bonanaza.

Information about the O'Reilly M.A.R.S. series can be found at the series website at http://www.midamericaracingseries.com/

Title Sponsor for the 2003 Mid-America Racing Series is O’Reilly Auto Parts. Rookie of the Year sponsor for 2003 is Kuntz & Co. Performance and Balancing.

Major Corporate Sponsors for the 2003 M.A.R.S. season are Competition Cams, Rinehart Trucking, GRT Race Cars, Hatfield Racing Engines, Hoosier Racing Tires, Larry Shaw Race Cars, Schoenfeld Headers, and Turbo Blue Racing Fuel.

Turbo Blue is the official racing fuel for the Mid-America Racing Series.

Associate Corporate Sponsors for the 2003 M.A.R.S. season are Appleton Rack & Pinion, Boyd Built Fabricators, Brodix Cylinder Heads, Duralite Racing Wheels, JFR Graphics, Landrum Spring Service, M&M Racing Equipment, MasterSbilt Race Cars, Mudslinger The Magazine, Pizza Hut of Batesville, Ringer Gloves, Rockhard Powder Coating, Raceday Embroidery.

Raceday Embroidery is the sponsor of the Crew of the Year Award

Back